In response to Super saiyan3
Super saiyan3 wrote:
Through your reluctancy to help people make DBZ games less people are learning the DM Langauge. They come here for help and are turned away very sharply and agressivly....

I'd normally agree with being nice to newbies, but where the DBZ crowd is concerned I care a lot less about it. I've gotten the distinct impression that most DBZers are here just because some other DBZer told them that BYOND was a great way to make DBZ games, not because they want to make good games, and most don't seem to have the patience to stick to BYOND long enough to turn out a good final product anyway. The ones who are gonna work on a game for a few weeks or a couple of months, then go do something else, we can live without; they only waste our time and theirs. I think it'd be nice to start turning back the invaders at the borders. People dedicated to actual gaming would still try to come in; people whose dedication is to DBZ but really only care about that are probably not worth the effort. This is especially true of the ones who don't read FAQs or anything, but still ask the same questions that a hundred others have asked.

And if DBZers encounter a little bit of hostility every time they ask questions on how to make their DBZ game... great! We have way too many DBZ games, but we'd like to encourage these people to program other things even if they don't have any taste. A few have already gotten the hint and have moved on to legitimate projects, and a few went away; the ones who've changed focus may well contribute something worthwhile to the community. This Ashley/Migzor character has apparently gleaned that no one wants to help with DBZ games but still plans to make one, so (s)he has taken to lying about the nature of the project in order to trick people into offering code who would otherwise walk away. Kinda sleazy if you ask me.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Exactly, the only reason I act the way I do against DBZers is to discourage them from making a dbz game. When I was a newbie I wanted to make a dbz game and Lexy acted nearly the same way, and that caused me to give up on dbz and eventualy come to hate it as much as I do. If these DBZers don't want to make a game anymore, good at least they won't be making a dbz game.
In response to Nadrew
Yeah, i agree that a lot of these games are given up on and should not be in the HUB or even on BYOND for that matter, But i orinally started making a DBZ game but now am making something different; but i still update my DBZ game as a test for my other game.

If it had not been for Nadrew i would have gave up on my DBZ game his ANTI-DBZ stlye is helping make a game that will have many new and exciting things, also Nadrew is very helpful. I found BYOND only by typing in "DBZ RPG's" on Yahoo but actually it is much better than DBZ.
Page: 1 2