ID:150232

This is just cut out of my code, which is the description of a mob. And yes the vars have be pre-defined.

desc = "[name], [sstatus]([religion])"

Getting errors

error:sstatus:invalid variable
error:religion:invalid variable
error::expected a constant expression

Any ideas how to correctly get these vars to show?

LJR
you canonot have this code in

mob
desc = whatever you put here

you have to have it in

mob
New()
desc = whatever you put here

or in another proc

the reason being

mob
var
something
desc = something

this returns a somewhat similiar error, because the variables ALWAYS have to be initially set, and setting desc to something, means that initial setting isnt constant, so it returns an error.

hope this helps.
FIREking
In response to FIREking
Ok here the the complete area of code, I knew that. I'm looking for the correct format or way of aug my predefined vars.

mob/male
icon = 'pc.dmi'
desc = "[name], [sstatus]([religion])"
gender = "male"
cgender = "Male"
In response to LordJR
LordJR wrote:
Ok here the the complete area of code, I knew that. I'm looking for the correct format or way of aug my predefined vars.

mob/male
icon = 'pc.dmi'
desc = "[name], [sstatus]([religion])"<< YOU CANT DO THIS
gender = "male"
cgender = "Male"
In response to FIREking
FIREking wrote:
LordJR wrote:

mob/male
icon = 'pc.dmi'
desc = "[name], [sstatus]([religion])"<< YOU CANT DO THIS
gender = "male"
cgender = "Male"
Is that to say its simply wrong syntax?
Or there is a way to do it, just not that way? Why can't I use var data in my desc? Its already being done for the Name.

LJR
In response to LordJR
its bad syntax

mob
var
stat1
stat2
verb
SetYourDescription()
name = input("Whats your name?")
stat1 = input("What kind of food ya like?")
stat2 = input("whats your fav song?")
desc = "[name] loves to eat [stat1], and listens to [stat2]"
In response to FIREking
Ok instead of getting away with it with desc. I just added the information into a Who() verb for mobs.

This code works fine for showing everyone in the game by name, but I'd also like to include the 2 other variables. Right now it will show those other variables as ur own.

Can someone tell me how to get the correct set of variables to show up listed next to the names? And just adding M. to the front of those other 2 within the []s is not the answer unless there is some more defining code to go alone with it.

Who()
usr << "
Current people in the world of Kemet:"
for(var/M as mob in world)
usr << "[M], [M.sstatus]([M.religion])"

LJR
In response to LordJR
Well because you're using as mob it's not actually making M associated with a mob so try using mob/M as mob or something of the sort.