ID:1502359

Hi all, I recently finished (or at least got it working) my MediaWiki mod that uses BYOND key logins.

I need some extensive testing of the system and as much feedback as possible;

http://ncomproductions.com/bwiki/index.php

There should be no security risks with this, all password information is entered on the secure byond.com website and the only thing passed back to my service is your key and an authentication token.

If you find any bugs with the pass-through process report them immediately, if you find any security impacting bugs report them privately using the pager, thanks.

When I logged in on the Wiki, it logged me out on the site. Then I clicked the log in button and it logged me in immediately without needing a username or password. Weird stuff.

Love the idea, btw.
That's great!

I noticed that logging out of the wiki logs you out of the BYOND site itself. I guess that's unavoidable though.

Also, you should include a DM syntax highlighter. FIREking already uses my GeSHi solution for his wiki. I never did get the dark teal for embedded string expressions working. I tried using regular expressions, but there seems to be some kind of bug where GeSHi isn't recognizing the brackets. I tried many different ways of escaping them, but it just doesn't work.
Use <syntaxhighlight lang="dm"> (had actual dm tags too, but the wiki wasn't playing so nice with them in some cases so I ditched them for now), I've had support for that from the start. My GeSHi stuff seems fairly robust but I do have issues with larger code snippets from time to time. I didn't know you had already written a file up for it, would have saved me a whole lot of time lol. But I did most of this work offline so I wasn't able to go hunting down resources.

I'll take a look at your GeSHi file to see if it's any better than mine and implement it if it is.
I think you left out the preprocessor.

Here is what I would call the latest version of my DM language file. I just tested it, so it should be working.
I just remembered, the latest version of GeSHi supports not only highlighting, but dynamic hyperlinking of keywords! What this means is that every single built-in proc, var and operator that is found in any snippet could become an automatic link that goes straight to a reference! It sounds really awesome, but I don't know if it would result in any lag or not.
That is awesome, ideally, this wiki could become the reference.
When logging out on the site, why not just clear the authenticated token? No hook back to BYOND.