ID:150273

i tryed Super saiyan3's code that was given to him by you it didn't work. it can up with inconsistant indenation, then i fixed that and a whole load of errors. IS THERE ANYONE THAT HAS A PERFECT SSJ CODE (like i said Nadrew sorry)
SSJ3 wrote:
i tryed Super saiyan3's code that was given to him by you it didn't work. it can up with inconsistant indenation, then i fixed that and a whole load of errors. IS THERE ANYONE THAT HAS A PERFECT SSJ CODE (like i said Nadrew sorry)

You have to sort it out to fit your vars, IE Health, strength, etc.

You shouldnt just copy/paste code from here and expect ti to work as they are just "Examples"

Lee
In response to Mellifluous
i did not copy and paste. i looked ant it and typed it in. i also edited it to suit my DM code but no no avail. ()_()
In response to SSJ3
SSJ3 wrote:
i did not copy and paste. i looked ant it and typed it in. i also edited it to suit my DM code but no no avail. ()_()

Oh ok.

Show me what this code you have done looks like
ok
mob/verb/SSJ()
if(usr.ssj>=1)
usr.icon_state="Gossj"
sleep(30)
icon='SSJ.dmi'
else
usr.icon_state=""

mob
var
isssj = 0

mob
proc
ssjcheck()//
if(src.level == 100)
src.verbs+=/mob/verbs/SSJ

In response to SSJ3
SSJ3 wrote:
mob/verb/SSJ()
if(usr.ssj>=1)
usr.icon_state="Gossj"
sleep(30)
icon='SSJ.dmi'
else
usr.icon_state=""

mob
var
isssj = 0

mob
proc
ssjcheck()//
if(src.level == 100)

Since you have it as a verb in the first place you don't need the ssjcheck and you tried to add verbs to verbs which causes errors, change the <=1 to <=0.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
SSJ3 wrote:
mob/verb/SSJ()
if(usr.ssj>=1)
usr.icon_state="Gossj"
sleep(30)
icon='SSJ.dmi'
else
usr.icon_state=""

mob
var
isssj = 0

mob
proc
ssjcheck()//
if(src.level == 100)

Since you have it as a verb in the first place you don't need the ssjcheck and you tried to add verbs to verbs which causes errors, change the <=1 to <=0.

He hasnt even added anything to the code to make the character stronger in any possible way, all it does is give the verb to the character and change the characters icon

Lee
In response to Nadrew
mob/verb/SSJ()
if(usr.ssj<=0)
usr.icon_state="Gossj"
sleep(30)
icon='SSJ.dmi'
else
usr.icon_state=""

mob
var
isssj = 1

mob

if(src.level == 100)

like that? if so i still get this error

SSJ.dm:3:error: missing left-hand argument to >.

i added the Stat changes further up in the CODE!!!
In response to SSJ3
SSJ3 wrote:
mob/verb/SSJ()
if(usr.ssj<=0)
usr.icon_state="Gossj"
sleep(30)
icon='SSJ.dmi'
else
usr.icon_state=""

mob
var
isssj = 1

mob

if(src.level == 100)

like that? if so i still get this error

SSJ.dm:3:error: missing left-hand argument to >.

You're not the brighest lightbulb in the box are you?
I said take out the proc..totally you don't need the if thing at all!! Change the isssj=1 to isssj=0, now go read the FAQ and some tutorials before I smack you!
In response to Nadrew
thanks. but i quit. Coding sucks i have only been using BYOND for a few weeks, but its code is too damn complicated!
In response to SSJ3
It's pretty simple if you actually try.
In response to Nadrew
I find it a bit confusing, nto hard and i am 16!
In response to Super saiyan3
Super saiyan3 wrote:
I find it a bit confusing, nto hard and i am 16!

I am only 17, not been 17 that long and I find it hard, but if you try and ask nicely for help from others they may help you, but you have to understand alot of these highly skilled coders (not me) dont like DBZ Games because there is already too many on the BYOND system and most of them are not finished.

Also everyone has more or less the same things in it, you punch "pbags" go beat some newbies up back to macroing on "pbags". Its stupid.

Lee
People here aren't here to give you code, they are here to show you and teach you how code works, but they will not program your game for you. Most any code that you'll find on this forum is "sample" code, that does not work like a library, cannot be plug-and-played, and is only there to be looked at to help you understand what you should do, not for you to copy and use in your game.

Get the idea?

If you want the code to work for your game, you need to figure out how it works, then rebuild it to fit the rest of your code.
In response to GateGuardian
GateGuardian wrote:
People here aren't here to give you code, they are here to show you and teach you how code works, but they will not program your game for you. Most any code that you'll find on this forum is "sample" code, that does not work like a library, cannot be plug-and-played, and is only there to be looked at to help you understand what you should do, not for you to copy and use in your game.

Get the idea?

Hey, well said mate.

Lee
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:

This is very incorrect. You CAN add verbs to the verb list, try this:

mob/twomob
mob/onemob
world/mob = /mob/onemob

mob/onemob/verb/Add2()
src.verbs += /mob/twomob/Add1
ur right i thing that these highly skilled coders only help when asked politly, but as a DBZ fan i ay BYOND has too many really poor DBZ games
In response to Super saiyan3
Super saiyan3 wrote:
ur right i thing that these highly skilled coders only help when asked politly, but as a DBZ fan i ay BYOND has too amny really poor DBZ games

I have an idea, why not help me on my game, you could help me get more idea's :)

Lee

P.S. only if you want to though :)
Page: 1 2