ID:150326

I'm messing with the sample1, sample2 files from the demo area. When trying to compile sample2 I get errors because it can not find the sound files. So I thought I'd just add the #define in the Enviroment file, I save recompile and the directory doesn't show up like the /icons dir does, and the compile has removed my #define FILE_DIR from the *.dme
How do I get the /sounds directory to show up in the list, and point to the sound files?

Any suggestions?

LJR
LordJR wrote:
I'm messing with the sample1, sample2 files from the demo area. When trying to compile sample2 I get errors because it can not find the sound files. So I thought I'd just add the #define in the Enviroment file, I save recompile and the directory doesn't show up like the /icons dir does, and the compile has removed my #define FILE_DIR from the *.dme
How do I get the /sounds directory to show up in the list, and point to the sound files?

In the next release, sounds will always be recognized as FILE_DIR-accessible files. If you check the "Show all" box at the bottom of the file tree, I think things will work. Alternatively, you can #define FILE_DIR at the top of the environment file, outside of the automatically generated stuff. Then it won't get overwritten.
In response to Tom
Cool that makes sense.. thanks