ID:150327

is there some way of easily displaying a text string on the map? Um, like:

usr.map << "My text string..."

or something? And, if so, can it be placed at certain locations? If not, then I guess I really got my work cut out for me! Ooooo.....
There is no easy way to do that. Ebonshadow has a talk bubble library on the hub that will give you the fundamentals you need to make your own though. :)
In response to Shadowdarke
Oh yeah... duh! I have that too! I need some brainfood!
In response to Xooxer
Xooxer wrote:
I need some brainfood!

Mmm.. that reminds me of EarthBound. Damned... whoever made EarthBound, cancelling EB64. I shall revenge your death, 3d Ness!

Oh wait, Ness is a character in each Super Smash Brothers! He's saved!

-content sigh-
In response to Shadowdarke
Shadowdarke wrote:
There is no easy way to do that. Ebonshadow has a talk bubble library on the hub that will give you the fundamentals you need to make your own though. :)

Yeah, this lib is very buggy though. I am waiting on a feature from dantom to finish it. I need a feature that allows you to scroll and icon, much like you would use icon arithmatic. That way I could make it a lot more easier to make fonts and place them in text boxes, etc. I will add a lot of kewl features to it after dantom does the scrolling thing.
In response to Vortezz
Vortezz wrote:
Xooxer wrote:
I need some brainfood!

Mmm.. that reminds me of EarthBound. Damned... whoever made EarthBound, cancelling EB64. I shall revenge your death, 3d Ness!

Well Ness wasn't even going to be in the EB64 game :P. Check out the preview at http://ign64.ign.com/previews/1968.html .

Oh wait, Ness is a character in each Super Smash Brothers! He's saved!

Yes Ness definantly does rule, best character in the game :)
In response to Theodis
Theodis wrote:
Vortezz wrote:
Xooxer wrote:
I need some brainfood!

Well Ness wasn't even going to be in the EB64 game :P.

Bah. I was riding on the fact that half of any console RPG fan has never heard of EB.

Shh! Quiet :p
In response to Vortezz
Well, I'm goping to use a slightly altered form of your lib, Ebon... Except where you used a one line font, I'm building a 4 line one... that's 1088 images...what a pain... I'll send you the font when it's done... If you want...

[EDIT] One problem I did notice with your font.dmi: Your #4 is another #3, so there are two states called #3, but the second one is really #4 typoed....
In response to Xooxer
Xooxer wrote:
Well, I'm goping to use a slightly altered form of your lib, Ebon... Except where you used a one line font, I'm building a 4 line one... that's 1088 images...what a pain... I'll send you the font when it's done... If you want...

[EDIT] One problem I did notice with your font.dmi: Your #4 is another #3, so there are two states called #3, but the second one is really #4 typoed....

really, dont bother man. That is WAY too much work. You should just wait around for that feature request I made about scrolling icons. Then you would only need one iconsate for each character in the font.