ID:1503995

BYOND Version:504
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Basic
Web Browser:Firefox 27.0
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When closing a browser, either through code or the close button, the window will be oddly positioned next time it is created

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1.) Use browse() with a size argument and a named window
2.) Close the browser then re-open with the same named window. It will move down the screen.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
mob
verb/test()
usr << browse(null,"window=testing;size=300x300")
usr << browse("Hello","window=testing;size=300x300")
verb/test2()
usr << browse("Hello there!","window=testing;size=300x300")

Expected Results:
The window will remain in the same position relative to the screen each time it is opened.

Actual Results:
The window moves down the screen each time it is opened.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time
In other games? In other games
In other user accounts? In other user accounts
On other computers? On other computers

When does the problem NOT occur?
When not using 'size' in the browse() procedure

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
Unsure.

Workarounds:
The only workaround is to not use the 'Size' argument in your browser() procedure.

For me, this bug is really annoying because it's something i'm encountering when trying to work around a memory leak with byond's html. Since dream seeker doesn't seem to want to purge my html when i'm done with it, i'm using a loop to go through 10 different "windows" at a time, to keep the amount of html in byond's cache minimal, to optimize memory useage.

The problem with this, is that I run into this bug when I do it, where menus start appearing all over in different positions in the screen. There seems to be no workaround other than to not use size arguments which is extremely counterintuitive to me.