ID:150427

ok i got bored REALY bored and since i can't find any icons for an RPG i decided to make one of those MUDs where u don't see a map but it wil tell you what is in the area and u have to use ur imagination to picture it.... What i wanna know is how to make it so the usr has a density of 1 when they log in (using deadrons' famous char saver) so thet the only way to talk and attack is with the people/monsters in the same square as you are in. and I would also like to know howto make it so a player can only go north south east and west.
Seto wrote:
ok i got bored REALY bored and since i can't find any icons for an RPG i decided to make one of those MUDs where u don't see a map but it wil tell you what is in the area and u have to use ur imagination to picture it....

What i wanna know is how to make it so the usr has a density of 1 when they log in (using deadrons' famous char saver)

You must mean a density of 0. Mobs have a density of 1 by default, which means that they will block and be blocked by dense objects.

so thet the only way to talk and attack is with the people/monsters in the same square as you are in.

To look in a space that the user is in, use the oview(0) proc. Use view(0) if you want to include the user themself. You might already know that, though.

and I would also like to know howto make it so a player can only go north south east and west.

To disable diagonal movement, add the following code.

client/Northwest()
client/Northeast()
client/Southwest()
client/Southeast()

That's it.

Also, if you want to have a map but not have the client able to see it, just have

client/show_map = 0