ID:1504283

Does anyone know any advertising techniques that would help me get more players for my BYOND game?

Preferably free methods. I have read a few things but they really don't give me perspective on what might be right for a BYOND game.

Space Station 13 has so many players I can't imagine they have so many without employing some type of advertising system.
If you haven't already, read The Big List of Indie Game Marketing and this article.

Though, marketing a BYOND game is a bit more difficult than most indie games due to the fact you have to get people to download the BYOND platform* in order for people to play your game. But if your game is something people really want to get their hands on (see: Space Station 13, NEStalgia), then they'll bite the bullet.

* Unless you use the standalone packager and/or wait it out for the web client.
Use youtube, and several other different methods of advertisements, you can request specific people to post about it and share with there friends, i feel Dragon universe has alot of potential.
Twitter, Youtube and having a website.

I've been contacted by quite a few people from either Twitter or because they came across my website, asking about the game and wanting to either play it or asking if they could make a Lets Play of the game on YouTube when it was released.

You can also try advertising it on Kotaku, IndieDB, ModDB, GiantBomb and other indie-based database websites.
i wonder why Byond doesn't have ads of the good quality byond games *looks at Spirit age*

A good quality game will advertise itself aslong as you stay active and keep your playbase/community up to date and interested in the game... don't be a Ninonline and ride the hype and flop horribly.

Youtube, staying active and posting on popular sites only improve your chances.
I would try submitting your game on MPOGD.com, it's not the most high-quality site but I've used it many times to search for multiplayer games:

Honestly, all you need is a good game and youtube. But most people look at a game and go "This game isn't for me" without even knowing all about it so I recommend doing a tutorial.