ID:1504668

Hey guys,

Hoping one of you experienced guys {Jaggerstep or Purlek} can help me out here.

I'm able to put up a host server for playing around purposes, not really because I want to host, more just because I want to practice different roles as an Admin and get my skills up.

On the tgstation I have no problems with the config or anything like that, it's pretty much as it should be. However on the Baystation12 I can't get the admin list set up. Shouldn't it be as follows:

cainsmoker -GameMaster

The moderator list is fine and detects me as mod, but not as an admin.

Secondly: Editing the maps. I've got both the tgstation and baystation and can open them up inside Dream Maker. However, it doesn't seem to save any changes and loading a game from Dream Daemon only loads the default map, not the one I've made changes to. I've compiled after I was done editing and still no changes are made. There are NO tutorials online anywhere from seasoned vets in mapping and I've pretty much been learning as I go just playing around with the editor.

Can anyone offer tips on how to edit and save maps? I'm very interested in putting some stuff together but I'm not exactly sure how deep I have to go to do it.

Help is appreciated. Thanks!

-Cainsmoker
If your name is in moderators you will only get mod powers, not admin. Remove yourself from moderators.txt.

On baystation, if you modify the main tgstation2.dmm map, recompile and then restart the server it should be working.
Thanks Mloc :)

I've been doing some edits for quite some time. Still have questions about a lot of stuff though and have been posting at the Baystation 12 forums. Add me up on the pager though and if you've got the knowledge, I'd love to learn some of it from you!!

-Cain
how come the little orange button on next to the port doesn't appear for me?
Terra,

You're looking inside of Dream Daemon....once you get your server loaded up and hit the GO button you will likely have to hit the yellow button that appears above it, it looks like a traffic sign with 2 arrows. Make sure that you have the correct hub and password put in your /game/code or you won't see it on the Byond hub. I finally just got mine rockin' now I just have to continue making my little changes and it's all gravy from here.

Add me on pager and if you have any problems I can tell you what I did that worked for me :)