ID:150515

OK so.. i want to make it so when a player uses the tool and if there is a turf under him called turf/grass if would change the turf to turf/dirt and then if he uses seeds and there is a turf/dirt under him the turf would change to turf/seedy and sleep for about 60 and then change the turf/seedy to turf/grass with a obj/potato on top.
so all i need is 2 verbs one for the tool and one for the seeds
God, I hate summer reruns.
Seto wrote:
OK so.. i want to make it so when a player uses the tool and if there is a turf under him called turf/grass if would change the turf to turf/dirt and then if he uses seeds and there is a turf/dirt under him the turf would change to turf/seedy and sleep for about 60 and then change the turf/seedy to turf/grass with a obj/potato on top.
so all i need is 2 verbs one for the tool and one for the seeds

Try doing the verbs under the turfs, and for the changing turfs, take a look at Shadowdarke's day nightcycle demo.

Alathon
In response to LexyBitch
LexyBitch wrote:
God, I hate summer reruns.

Hahahahahahah!

I remember when Seto-Strife first asked this, I didn't have the foggiest idea of how to do it.

Now I do!
In response to LexyBitch
yea... but i got a new comp and i am tryin to redo the whole thing, i did what u told me to do back along time ago by doin:
obj/seeds/grass
icon = 'grassseeds.dmi'
verb/plant(/turf/Farm_Field_1/t in oview(1))
new/turf/Farm_Field_4(t)
sleep(60)
t = new/turf/hgrass(t)

obj/tool/hoe
icon = 'hoe.dmi'
verb/use()
new/turf/Farm_Field_1(usr.loc)

but then i get:
toolz.dm:20:error:/turf/Farm_Field_1:duplicate definition
toolz.dm:20:error:usr.loc:duplicate definition
toolz.dm:20:error:new :instruction not allowed here
In response to Seto
All those posts are still in the forum. Find them.