Nice use of Final Fantasy 6 music :)

Very exciting! Looking good.
In response to Vrocaan
Vrocaan wrote:
Stephen001 wrote:
Is there an option to fund your beard, specifically?

Couldn't not contribute! Sorry its not as much as some of the guys here, but keep up the good work. The videos alone was worth the money, can't wait to play the game :p
Did you use an existing game engine or is it all done yourself? I see there is an audio and multitouch library but I didn't see anything like impactjs being used.

How do you find socket.io for the networking? Fast enough? Find a limit on connections yet?
You're correct that, beside the audio and touch library, everything else is from scratch. A better developer would know how to use a framework, and make a better game as a result. I haven't had any problems with Socket.io, then again I've only been testing a handful of connections at a time. Thus far I haven't hit any real bottlenecks, except on older android phones; they can't handle drawing to canvas at that frame rate.

Hi Airjoe!
Been a while, Iain ;)

Game looks great and has acted as a little bit of inspiration for me. Been meaning to get back into development and your proof of concept here is cool. Definitely want something multiplayer, but will probably limit to a relatively small number of simultaneous players (thinking more co-op campaign than mmo, at the moment).

Hoping you hit your goal in the next week and a half, shared to my (admittedly small number of) facebook friends.
In response to Airjoe
Airjoe wrote:
Been meaning to get back into development and your proof of concept here is cool.

It's good to see another familiar face coming back, Airjoe.
In response to IainPeregrine
IainPeregrine wrote:
Links fixed. Thanks for the notice, A.T.H.K.

The link for Nell Shaw Cohen needs to be fixed as well.
Fixed, thanks!
IainPeregrine wrote:
Fixed, thanks!

I'm not quite sure you'll make the goal you've set ing the remaining 7 days :(
Really? I for one am certain we won't make the goal.

:/

I made a fundamental miscalculation. I expected that the people I knew at Mozilla and other places (AS220, NHR, etc.) would contribute, and CQ players wouldn't have any cash. Instead, my CQ players have been very generous, and the other places I've mentioned have been completely absent.
That's a real shame, at least with indiegogo you get the funds regardless of if the goal is met or not, correct me if I'm wrong here?
Yeah, but they take a larger percentage.
There is a link to the demo on the page, if you can watch a video for a minute or so, you can click the link and play the demo.

That said I was playing and two other users joined in.
Will it contain sound this time around? I find it impossible to play silent games...
In response to Branks
Branks wrote:
Will it contain sound this time around? I find it impossible to play silent games...

Yes. Sound and music are already included, but I'm using free resources currently. Part of what I'm raising money for (a large chunk, in fact) is quality audio. I'm with you %100 on this.
There's just 17 hours left to contribute.

...But seriously, you guys are awesome. I was counting on a large amount of money from people at Mozilla and this would have been a complete wash were it not for BYOND players and devs. You've made this possible, and I won't forget that. :)
Sorry to hear that other places weren't as helpful and that you are unlikely to hit your 4k goal.

I hope this doesn't effect you too much with development, or morale for that matter.

Have you tried poking them with a stick for a last minute plea.
In response to Acebloke
Acebloke wrote:
Have you tried poking them with a stick for a last minute plea.

Yup. Got me $220.

/me pokes Acebloke with a stick.
Iain you should just take all those thousands and flee to California and live the good life.
Page: 1 2 3