O.O... He met the goal?! Who? What? How?! That's awesome! I was about to offer my condolences, went to check the final count, and wow... Congratulations!
Congratulations, Iain. Two big anonymous donors came in at the end, very neat. I guess you get to find out who they are and thank them!
Congrats! And wow someone donated $1,000 o.o
How exciting! I look forward to seeing more from Casual Quest.
And then BYOND or Indiego ever heard from Ian again.

-The End.
the 1,000 was probably Teka
The $783 was me. IGG charges an extra 5% fee if you don't make your goal, so paying 4% on 783 was worth getting back 5% of $3216. So we didn't really make our goal, but $3216 ain't too shabby at all. Mrs.Grand, whoever you are, thank you!
In response to IainPeregrine
IainPeregrine wrote:
The $783 was me. IGG charges an extra 5% fee if you don't make your goal, so paying 4% on 783 was worth getting back 5% of $3216. So we didn't really make our goal, but $3216 ain't too shabby at all. Mrs.Grand, whoever you are, thank you!

Ah, smart thinking. In that case, sorry you didn't meet the goal but it's definitely a nice chunk of change to get you going :)
$4,001 raised! Congratulations, Iain!
How's progress on this going?
Progress is going well, but I have trouble weighing what I release on the blog with the long term health of the game. In other words, if I show off every little detail as it's completed, then you won't be wowed by the finished product as a whole. For instance, the new title screen is finished and I'm very proud of it, but the one on the website is still the cruddy black screen.

So let's look at some other specific things to measure how progress is going:

Of 36 character classes, 10 are finished. Most of the others are halfway there or almost finished. If I focus just on characters, I can do 3 in a day. I have 5 more to do until all tier2 classes are complete, which is necessary for the next demo.

Of 7 regular (non ice or pagota) regions, two are complete: Grasslands and Graveyard. If I focus on just a region, I can complete one a day, excluding the boss. I want to have one more region complete before I release the next demo. The bosses are getting a large upgrade, and I haven't finished one yet, so I can't estimate how long that takes.

The interface (menus, HUD) needs to be completed before I can release the next demo. Here's a breakdown of what's needed:
* Title Screen (Complete!)
* "Ready, Set, Go!" and "Finished!" screen overlays at start and end of wave. (Complete)
* Lobby Where you can join a game or start a new one (this will be disabled in the demo - only one game at a time).
* Score Display at end of wave.
* Game Over screen. (Complete)
* Results Screen at end of game, whether the team wins or gets a game over.
* In-Game HUD. I'm not sure what this should look like, which is the biggest hold-up at this point in development.
* Level-up / Card class changing interface.

So that's the plan. Complete the interface stuff, complete three regions, complete all tier1 and tier2 classes, release playable demo.
Are you planning on Green Lighting this project? It has potential.
In response to King_LiOnZ
King_LiOnZ wrote:
Are you planning on Green Lighting this project? It has potential.

Nope. CQ is not an executable that you download; it's played in the browser, and any modern browser can play it (no plugins needed). Anyone can play my game at any time by going to AntlerPig.com.

I don't see the advantage in using Steam, except one of these:
1: Steam players, though they can go to a website and play a game, are used to playing through steam. So being on Steam is like free advertising to Steam players, in the same way that having a good ranking on BYOND is like having free advertising with BYOND players.
2: Being green-lite generates hype in Indie community, thus you get more free advertising.

Am I overlooking something?

[Edit: Whoops! Didn't mean to be so negative :) ]

Page: 1 2 3