ID:1508608

BYOND Version:506
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium
Web Browser:Chrome 31.0.1650.63
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When I try joining a game, although there is only one game I tend to join, the AD gets all green-static-y and tends to "bleed" the static onto a few open tabs on Chrome. Now, this wouldn't be a problem with me because it's an easily solved solution, ignore it.

The problem is that it actually crashed my computer, making static cover my screen and crash my computer.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Open Byond
2. Join Game
3. Watch Static-y Ad

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
N/A

Expected Results:
It to be static-y.

Actual Results:
Yes.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
It bleeds most of the time, if I'm not watching it.
In other games?
It's the ads, so I imagine so.
In other user accounts?
Not quite sure.
On other computers?
I wouldn't be able to check.

When does the problem NOT occur?
A few times the static doesn't cover the ads, which was last night at around 9 'o clock, or so. I tend to ignore the ADs, anyways.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?
I'm not a big fan of updating Byond, so I tend to just stay at whatever version that works. It would probably be at 504 when the ads started getting all screw-y, but this is the first time that it managed to crash my computer, which is on 506.

Workarounds:
Watch the Ads.
The ad code hasn't changed in recent versions. Any ad changes would be coming from our provider.

I would recommend updating your Flash player version for IE (not for Chrome) and seeing if that helps you. You'll probably have to go to the "Other versions" page on Adobe's site to get the download file for that.

Given the nature of your crash, I suspect your video driver has issues too. See if you can find an update for it; that might solve your problem.
In response to Lummox JR
Yeah, alright, I have followed all the steps you gave me. Checked IE's flash player, says it's the most recent version. Went to go check out the whole video driver thing, and I'm as great as a 9-year-old at it.

I have hopes that this might be the only instance of it crashing my 'puter, but I can always wait and see.
Any further issues here?