ID:1510060

BYOND Version:504
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 31.0.1650.63
Applies to:Dream Maker

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:

1.Open Map File
2.Pressing Shift Ctrl Click (Mack Active Object Shortcut)
3. It works for now until I use that shortcut again and mapping area just freezes.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
all the time
When does the problem NOT occur?
never

To fix the problem I just close and reopen the map file, but not able to use that shortcut is really unfortunate.

Workarounds:
Right clicking and manually click on the make active object option.

Screenshots
Before
http://puu.sh/7hFVY.png
after
http://puu.sh/7hFU8.png
To be clear, this is happening on a map that's completely empty? That's what it looks like in your before image, but I'm not sure I understand this fully.
well actually the error happens reguardless of the map's contents. What happens is, whenever I try to use the make active object shortcut (Pressing Ctrl Shift and Click)
This does not happen on my system at all. I'm able to Ctrl+Shift+click all over the place with no issues. Is it possible that something else on your system is interfering? Are you certain this happens on every single map? Does it only happen in this one project, or do you see it in other projects too?

The project question is actually an important one because if there's something about that particular project, I could easily see it impacting every map in it. If that's the case, I'll need a copy of that project to test. You can zip the files and send them to me at [email protected] for testing. If the file is too big of course you could always just upload it somewhere and send me a private message with the link.
Yeah It's not just that one project. It's 100% the dream maker program.
Lummox JR changed status to 'Unverified'
Going to have to put this in Unverified till I can either reproduce it or get some more info to go on. I don't see anything in the code that would lead the map control to stop responding after such a click, especially not across all projects and maps. If an infinite loop were to happen, it should happen because of conditions on the map.
I can't provide any replication scenarios, but I've also once or twice had the problem of the entire map editor being a blank grey pane.
Yeah it's only the map editor, it just turns grey. I believe you're still able to edit the map just can't see.
Update: I downgraded my byond to 4.99 and the glitch is gone.
It happens on my computer too. Usually if I add anything to the map then use the shortcut it has this error.

Edit: I use a Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OS