Event Mar 9 2014, 9:00 pm
to Apr 5 2014, 9:00 pm
ID:1510402

Make Some Pocket Money UltimateGameMaker Style Contest # 2

Prize : $50 to a PayPal account you specify on your game’s hub.

Problem: Make a racing game.

Requirements: Must be top down, whatever is being used to race must have the option to increase speed at players command. Must allow the player to implement some sort of violence against other racers.

1.) Must be on a game hub. 2.) Must post a link to the game hub here on this forum topic. 3.) Explain how your game meets requirements on this forum topic in the same post with link (excluding 1,2, and 3.)

How I judge. Problem solved, requirements met, which one I like most, and submissions guidelines followed.

When you submit your game explain how you think you meet the requirement. It all comes down to who I think gave the most effort.

Submissions Guidelines:

You must post a link to your game's hub between March 31- April 6. If you post your game here too late it won’t get judged. Once you do I will judge it then- as is, when I get around to playing it. Expect judging to be done by April 14.

Multiple submissions are allowed.

Only the best will win.

It’s your chance to make some pocket money.
Just seen this on the facebook BYOND page, good luck to the people that take part.
I'm in, I'd love to try to cook up a racing game.
Just a question about one of the requirements, "Whatever is being used to race must have the option to increase speed at players command." Theoretically would a powerup count?
In response to Mickemoose
Mickemoose wrote:
Just a question about one of the requirements, "Whatever is being used to race must have the option to increase speed at players command." Theoretically would a powerup count?

I think he means that you need to be able to accelerate.
In response to Mickemoose
Interpret how you will. Just be sure to explain how you think you met requirments and I'll move from there.
If you win, can you deny the prize or have someone else earn it? I don't have any means of doing online transactions. :(
In response to GamerMania
GamerMania wrote:
If you win, can you deny the prize or have someone else earn it? I don't have any means of doing online transactions. :(

It is possible to withdraw money from your PayPal account to your bank account.
I don't (and probably can't have) a Paypal account.
Just put a PayPal on your hub you want prize sent to. This allows others to donate as well if they like your game.

Just a little progress picture, hopefully get some more people inspired to post. SHOW ME THE GOODS

(turf WIP)
Been awhile since I've visited BYOND :)
Just saw your contest and decided to give it a shot. Using basic turfs I've got from my other projects and...my latest art failure, a car icon I've made that actually took a good 15 minutes to do lol

Started a few minutes ago and so far I got the movement done.

and Yes the NPC is going the wrong way =P
I LIKE IT.
"A game perspective that views the action from above, commonly at a fixed position and/or rotation."

Source:http://www.giantbomb.com/top-down-perspective/3015-788/games/
For anyone interested check this out:

http://www.indiecade.com/submissions/

Dunno, mabye you want dual submissions if you plan on eventually adding monetary element.
Was this even made with BYOND ?
In response to Kidpaddle45
Is that a rule?
I was pretty sure since he wanted a game's hub, it was meant to be a BYOND game.

I may be wrong.
All rules are written in first post. Interpret them then make your game. It's ok to fail. All try your best. All comes down to who I think gave the most effort.
Page: 1 2