ID:1511086

BYOND Version:505, 504, 503, 498
Operating System:Windows XP Home
Web Browser:Chrome 33.0.1750.117
Applies to:BYONDexe

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
I have correctly built an Standalone version for Kaizoku, however, when I, or any other player, tries to join through it, nothing happens unless you were not logged in, in which case you would just get the proper popup.

Also, I tried the BYONDexe included in the 498 version, which's game.exe wouldn't even run. So can't tell much about it.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1- Make a testing hub with a key.
2- Create a standalone version with the default properties.
3- You will notice how the server shows, but you cannot join.

Expected Results: The launcher to open DreamSeeker, with the proper connection to the game.

Actual Results: Connection failed message.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time.
In other games? I could assure.
In other user accounts? Even with guest.
On other computers? Yes.

When does the problem NOT occur? Haven't seen this scenario yet.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? I have no clue, I can tell we once had a working standalone, back two years ago, or less.

I don't quite follow what you mean here. Can you break down the description a little further? You're seeing different behavior based on whether the user is already logged in, but what is the exact behavior in each case?
If you are not logged in, you are asked to. It won't affect the result.

The server is visible on the list, however, you won't be able to join.

I also tried as Guest, yet same result.

I thought it wasa aproblem with my connection, and/or port, but other players have been able to connect, which totally blows up the idea.

In the hub you can download the Standalone through a red download button; http://www.byond.com/games/StrawHatCreations/PiratesOnline

I won't keep the server online too much as I must go soon, but it may help for the few minutes it will remain online.
Okay, so being logged in is irrelevant then?

I'd actually prefer to build the standalone through your files to make sure we're on the same page. That'll also simplify the debugging process at my end. If you could zip them up and send them to me at [email protected], I can take a look. If the file is big you could also just put it up for download somewhere and send me a link, either in private message or via email.
Sure give me a second.
I've tried nine ways from Sunday to get this to fail, but it works every time. The one thing I was unable to test was the original game server itself. My suspicion is that there's something wrong on the server end, and there's no actual issue with the standalone. I'll need more info to move forward on this, so for now it's Unverified.
Lummox JR changed status to 'Unverified'
Bumping this. It doesn't work.(Still talking about the same standalone for Kaizoku)

The standalone works fine but whenever it finds a server and you press on the "Join" Button it says "Connecting..." and nothing happens.

Here is a download link to our launcher and I emailed you all the files so you can debug this on your end.

http://files.byondhome.com/Kidpaddle45/ Kaizoku%20standalone.rar
^The DMB and RSC files are missing from that Launcher, it only contains hub information.
Perhaps it was how you built it?
Yes the standalone doesn't need the dmb or rsc. It retrieves from the hub if there are online servers and the "Join" button should launch the game if there is any.

Sadly it does everything: It starts the standalone,shows online servers... But clicking on "Join" does nothing.
I have had resolved this issue in the past by doing it over another computer, under a different router.

I guessed the problem was somehow related to the port the game is being hosted on.
In response to Kidpaddle45
Hmm, I always thought it was required, even NEStalgia does it,

In-Hub.zip
As exposed, it would open a local instance of the game,
in such case, only the resource pack would be required, as it is truly downloaded by players.

If I recall correctly, to fix the problem, unlike I said in the past post, there's the possibility I went backwards to the 498 BYONDexe, which is functional.

Try building up one on that version.