ID:151124

I want a certain object to be over everthing else no matter what, I make a new layer under -2 butit didn't work, any ideas?
Thanks
Gilser
I want a certain object to be over everthing else no matter what, I make a new layer under -2 butit didn't work, any ideas?

You want to use a positive layer number. Probably MOB_LAYER + 1 would work.
In response to Guy T.
On 3/22/01 6:41 am Guy T. wrote:

You want to use a positive layer number. Probably MOB_LAYER + 1 would work.

Here's my problem, the armor layer is FLOAT_LAYER -1 and that makes armor appear over my character but it doesn't allow me to make things appear over them, my problem right now is a sword, when I equip the sword the graphic is under everything else, I've tried making it MOB_LAYER and FLY_LAYER but neither work! Help!
Thanks
Gilser
In response to Gilser
Here's my problem, the armor layer is FLOAT_LAYER -1 and that makes armor appear over my character but it doesn't allow me to make things appear over them, my problem right now is a sword, when I equip the sword the graphic is under everything else, I've tried making it MOB_LAYER and FLY_LAYER but neither work! Help!

Hmm. Try making the armor layer simply FLOAT_LAYER (or just don't declare a layer for it), and the same for the other overlays. I think they should stack up in the order you add them.
In response to Guy T.
Hmm. Try making the armor layer simply FLOAT_LAYER (or just don't declare a layer for it), and the same for the other overlays. I think they should stack up in the order you add them.

Imight have found the problem, and is presents another question, when I equip an item, it does the graphic, but not the actual equipping, and that makes it soI can't unequip, ex:
obj/Weapon
Lazer_Sword
name="Lazer Sword"
verb/equip(obj/O in usr)
O.layer = MOB_LAYER +1
usr.overlays += O

When I click on the item to equip, I get 2 options, equip and weild. Weild makes it say "in arm" with no graphic while equip has the graphic but no "on arm".I can make this so it takes away equip and just has weild by changing verb/equip to just weild, but then when I run, weild just gives me the graphic and no "on arm"!!! HELP!!!
Thanks
Gilser
In response to Gilser
On 3/30/01 12:55 pm Gilser wrote:

Imight have found the problem, and is presents another question, when I equip an item, it does the graphic, but not the actual equipping, and that makes it soI can't unequip, ex:
obj/Weapon
Lazer_Sword
name="Lazer Sword"
verb/equip(obj/O in usr)
O.layer = MOB_LAYER +1
usr.overlays += O

When I click on the item to equip, I get 2 options, equip and weild. Weild makes it say "in arm" with no graphic while equip has the graphic but no "on arm".I can make this so it takes away equip and just has weild by changing verb/equip to just weild, but then when I run, weild just gives me the graphic and no "on arm"!!! HELP!!!
Thanks
Gilser
In response to Gilser

When I click on the item to equip, I get 2 options, equip and weild. Weild makes it say "in arm" with no graphic while equip has the graphic but no "on arm".

You posted the code for "equip" but not "wield", so it is difficult to suggest why they are working differently. From the look of "equip", you aren't doing anything other than displaying the graphic. Did I miss something?

--Dan
In response to Dan
On 4/9/01 2:35 pm Dan wrote:
When I click on the item to equip, I get 2 options, equip and weild. Weild makes it say "in arm" with no graphic while equip has the graphic but no "on arm".

You posted the code for "equip" but not "wield", so it is difficult to suggest why they are working differently. From the look of "equip", you aren't doing anything other than displaying the graphic. Did I miss something?

--Dan

Because the lazer sword is already assigned as a weapon, it automatically has the wield verb on it.
Thx,
Gilser