ID:1511354

ok I try not to judge ppl who type like this but sometimes i just cant help it. sometimes like in youtube comments or other places youll get ppl who type in this format not like swag or anything idk but its just hard to read xD

Really, does anyone else feel like punching a wall when they read comments like this with bad punctuation and horrible presentation?

It's better than using netspeak for everything, but something about this typing format is just infuriating to the point where I want to banish them from ever accessing the internet, again.

Not really unless they're supposed to be acting in a professional manner. If they're just doing their own thing, let them do their thing.
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
Not really unless they're supposed to be acting in a professional manner. If they're just doing their own thing, let them do their thing.

^Exactly

I feel sad that it anoy's you.

GamerMania wrote:
ok I try not to judge ppl who type like this but sometimes i just cant help it. sometimes like in youtube comments or other places youll get ppl who type in this format not like swag or anything idk but its just hard to read xD

pls lern 2 type

In response to Insomniaddikt
ok ya i know im not typing like an adult or anything like that umm idk what to call it but whatever xD but it doesnt matter as long as ppl understand wat ur saying its not like its a job interview or anything like that :) ok

In my opinion, decent formatting, typing, and presentation are just "manners" of some sort. It's much easier to get your point across, and YouTube comment style typing just physically hurts to read. It's irrational to get so annoyed over something so small, but, Jesus Christ, it doesn't take that much to type properly.
The horse is dead.
who r u to judge how i type. im gettin my point across, aren't i? k
In response to Albro1
Albro1 wrote:
The horse is dead.

Then we'll simply find a new horse. Until there are no horses left.
In response to Magnum2k
Magnum2k wrote:
um ok who r u to judge how i type idk why but i just do ok xD. im gettin my point across, aren't i? k lol

Fixed that for you.

I get kind of annoyed when I text people I know well --and also know can type well and use proper grammar-- and they text me back with what looks like something that was written by a 1st grader. I usually make it a point to use proper grammar and spell out my words even while texting. The internet is a different story, however. I've come to expect it here.
It's the other way around, if anything. I'm fine with using slang or "lazy" texting(e.g. hbu, omw, etc), especially if I know the person whom I'm texting. On the internet, though, it's a different story. :)
u wot m8?
it depends on the setting. if im talking to my mom, she's not going to care if i capitalize my letters and end sentences with periods. however if im sending my manager an email, then duh, im not going to write like 2 year old.

for example, a lot of grammar nazi-ing is done concerning the classified ads section. i'm sure you've seen people write terms like "coder" and "iconner" before. while we all understand what these mean, if you're trying to present yourself in a professional manner and get someone to take you seriously and work for you, then you'll have an easier time if you write like you have half a brain.

which is why i find what Fugsnarf wrote weird... i'm actually the exact opposite. if someone i don't know is texting me, i'd expect proper grammar, but if it's someone i know ( best friend, dad, cousin ) then i'm more comfortable with them, and since it's not a professional situation, i couldn't care less if they misspelled something or had no punctuation.
+1 Kumorii. He just gave you priceless advice: worry about yourself unless it concerns you, don't be a hater.
I do this weird thing when texting. If I am just writing a short reply then I will not capitalize or punctuate. But, if I'm writing a longer message I will start with an un-capitalized sentence, and then when I get to the point where I need a period I go "oh yeah" and then go back to put capitals and punctuation back into my first sentence! Why can't I just think ahead?
Y'all fancy folks and you're texting. Back in my day we called each other. And wrote letters!
In response to Lugia319
Lugia319 wrote:
you're

*eye twitch*

Using proper grammar and punctuation in a setting that doesn't require it, is purely habbit, rarely has to do with intelligence.
I always type properly because I think it looks prettier. :)
But I guess I don't judge people who don't. Doesn't really matter that much to me. :/
Generally, I don't get frustrated with people who use netspeak, I just let them do their own thing.

With that said, I refuse to socialize with people who try to converse with me using netspeak. The only exception is if it's a BYOND user contacting me via pager as a moderator. I don't like to spend time deciphering messages.
Page: 1 2