ID:1511779

Resolved
The BYOND pager failed to startup properly on some systems due to the user data directory being setup on a network share.
BYOND Version:506
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit (emulated on Mac)
Web Browser:N/A
Applies to:BYOND Pager

This issue has been resolved.
Hello,

I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit on a mid-2013 Macbook Air with Boot Camp. After installing BYOND as an administrator and allowing all the executables through the firewall, I'm stuck on a popup that says "Loading game information..." and can't figure out what to do. I don't have an AV installed, and I have another computer on the same network that works without problems.

Please let me know if you need more information.
Do you have some tome tomorrow to debug this live? We are looking for people that have this very issue. It would involve getting some debug builds to you and iterating based on te results.
Yes, you can contact me directly at [email protected]
In response to Hornygranny
I've sent you a private message; you can send me one by replying to it or clicking my icon. If you get setup on AIM and get me your contact info, I can add you to my buddy list and we can chat live about the pager issue.
Thanks very much to Lummox for helping me solve this, I hope the debugging we did will benefit the community.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
The BYOND pager failed to startup properly on some systems due to the user data directory being setup on a network share.
Additional note: I know there's an older thread on this issue. This is the one I think the new build solves, whereas there appears to be another component in play for some users. Those still having issues after this fix are encouraged to contact me. Per the instructions in that thread, please setup an AIM account (you can use Pidgin as the client) and get me your contact info so I can add you to my list; I'm available to chat most weekdays during daytime and some evening hours EST.