ID:151204

Whenever I'm either entering my own world or whenever anyone else wants to connect tot any of my worlds I need to click yes to a thing that says "Allow players access to 'player.sav'?" It's annoying, any idea's?
Thanks
Gilser

"Allow players access to 'player.sav'?"

That sounds like ultra-safe security mode, which means your .dmb file is not in its own safe directory. To make a "safe" directory, just put the .dmb file inside of a directory by the same name. For example, if your game is <code>MyWorld.dmb</code>, you would want that to be inside of a directory called <code>MyWorld</code>.

I'm curious how you got into this predicament, though, because the compiler automatically creates a directory for your project with the same name as the target <code>.dmb</code> file, which means you usually don't have to worry about it.

Note that in safe mode, your game will have access to all files within the current directory or any of its sub-directories. That's usually all you need. There is an even less safe mode of operation called "trusted" in which the game can access anything on the computer. Currently, we don't have an option to launch worlds in trusted mode from the compiler, but you can launch them manually with Dream Daemon.

--Dan
In response to Dan
Nope, I'm not sure I understan what you mean putting it into a directory, when I make a new folder and call it OS, I put <code>OS.dmb</code> into it and then it can't find any other files when I run it. Help? Please?
Thanks,
Gilser
In response to Gilser
On 2/19/01 10:16 pm Gilser wrote:
Nope, I'm not sure I understan what you mean putting it into a directory, when I make a new folder and call it OS, I put <code>OS.dmb</code> into it and then it can't find any other files when I run it. Help? Please?

You should put the entire project in the same folder. Bare minimum, you need the [world].rsc and [world].dmb in there.