ID:151242

Ok, I have Dream Maker open and I'm trying to get get seeker to open the map. This is the only code i have so far in DM:
world // default world parameters
mob = /mob/player
turf = /turf/ground

mob/player
name = "Gilser"
icon = 'Mod.dmi'

obj/flutz
name = "Super Duper Flutz"
icon = 'Flutz.bmp'

turf/ground
name = "Ground"
icon = 'Grass.bmp'

All the bmp's and dmi's match up and when I compile there are no errors, but I can't get the map to show up, can someone please help me?
All the bmp's and dmi's match up and when I compile there are no errors, but I can't get the map to show up, can someone please help me?

Hmm... at a glance, that code looks OK (funny thing... I was thinking about the flutz example today too!). Take a look at the file tree on the left... does <your map name>.dmp have a check in the box? If not, that's probably your problem.

If that doesn't help, feel free to send me a zip file of the project directory ([email protected]) and I'll look at it. I'll probably be up until at least 11 Eastern (Ohio) time (8 California time).

On 1/23/01 3:49 pm Gilser wrote:

Is the map named the same as the .dme file?

If not, it won't load automatically.

For example, if the .dme file is

sample.dme

then the map has to be

sample.dmp
In response to Deadron
On 1/23/01 4:55 pm Deadron wrote:

Is the map named the same as the .dme file?

If not, it won't load automatically.

For example, if the .dme file is

sample.dme

then the map has to be

sample.dmp

Is this still the case? It shouldn't be. I'll test it.
As long as the map box is checked, the map should get included in the project. The name should be irrelevent.
On 1/23/01 3:49 pm Gilser wrote:
Ok, I have Dream Maker open and I'm trying to get get seeker to open the map. This is the only code i have so far in DM:
world // default world parameters
mob = /mob/player
turf = /turf/ground

mob/player
name = "Gilser"
icon = 'Mod.dmi'

obj/flutz
name = "Super Duper Flutz"
icon = 'Flutz.bmp'

turf/ground
name = "Ground"
icon = 'Grass.bmp'

Not to make you feel blind or anything, but have you actually made a map? I.e. gone into the file menu, chose new, and made a map file (.dmp)?

You probably have... but I don't want to rule out the possibility!

After or if you've made a map, ensure the grey checkbox that's beside it is checked.
In response to Guy T.
On 1/23/01 4:12 pm Guy T. wrote:

Hmm... at a glance, that code looks OK (funny thing... I was thinking about the flutz example today too!). Take a look at the file tree on the left... does <your map name>.dmp have a check in the box? If not, that's probably your problem.

If that doesn't help, feel free to send me a zip file of the project directory ([email protected]) and I'll look at it. I'll probably be up until at least 11 Eastern (Ohio) time (8 California time).
Thanks a bunch everyone, I'm t school now, but I'll try checking the box (mised that part) when I get home, again, thanks!