ID:151285

I am pondering the creation of a cybernetic based game, but it must be sorta original and extremely advanced, but simple to play.

The basis is a major city that has just had a disaster, casuing a benefit as well. Cyber sentinals have just awakened in this massive city that has had a massive disaster. The only beings left are them, the freaks/mutoids(you choose one of these), and the robots that have turned rogue as well.

The system would consist of each player being allowed only a total of 15 different cyber chips max, but any number of those cyber chips.

This is a discussion to determine the nature of this game...

Requirements:

(1) Must be an insanely 'advanced' but simple to play game. Naturally so, cuz of the cybernetic theme.

(2) Players would begin with the 15 chips, of which there would be 100 options to choose between. Upgrades would consist of 'fusers' you would find via robots...

(3) The mutants/freaks would give items...
I guess nobody cares in the first place...
In response to Developous
Please be more descriptive. It'd be better to state your ideas in layman's terms. I don't know this cybernetics thing you speak of to begin with. What these cyber chips are, what they do, and mostly everything you said didn't make sense to me. Feels like watching Sponge Bob in Japanese. Off topic: I love the show.
In response to Jemai1
Cyber chips would be the upgrade system in the game. Unlimited upgrades....

Cybernetics... well, this is about a special cybernetic police force. Their goal is to survive and investigate why the normal citizens have turned into freaks.

Since there is an interest, I will begin the 2nd phaze of this, deciding the 100 chips you can pick at the beginning.

Cybernetic beings are basicly half man, half machine.

Chip Template:

Chip name:
Chip history: explain how and why the chip was made.
Chip desc: What does this chip upgrade in the game?
In response to Developous
I would suggest NOT giving the player 100 choices right off the bat. The average player isn't going to want to read through 100 descriptions to decide what they want.

Perhaps start them off with 3 slots and a choice from 10 basic chips, then introduce more throughout the game. This allows them to get into the game without reading several pages' worth of item descriptions and provides a sense of progression by making them obtain the better upgrades/more upgrade slots through actually playing the game.

Imagine if a game like Morrowind told you to read through a list of every spell in the game and pick 15 right as you started. You wouldn't want to sit there for 20 minutes reading about the spells. You would probably just get sick of it after a couple and either pick randomly from the first page or stop playing.
In response to Robertbanks2
Or this can be done as each chip being similar to a class. At the beginning you have the original 15, and from there, every so many levels it splits off into more choices, and so on and so forth until you have probably 100 different subclasses. This way new players don't feel overwhelmed, but it still allows for a ton of creativity between characters and whatnot.
In response to Robertbanks2
I agree.

A good example is Pokemon. You start by picking 1 from 3 rock-paper-scissor pokemons. As you play the game, your variety of choices widens.