Eternia: Roleplay

by Writing A New One
Upcoming Sequel: https://discord.gg/H2u23Xa
ID:1513305

No longer available. Thank you to all the applicants.

Job Summary

Seeking a programmer to code a utility that can be used to convert .png images of Eternia sprites into .dmi format.

The program will take the .png's three frames and reposition them to match up with Eternia's human sprite, which is composed of a good 60 frames or so. This cuts out the grunt labour of having to manually copy, paste, and reposition.

There should be two options for this utility, one for hair, and one for weapons.

I'm fine with and encourage the utility being released as a free resource once it's complete. Of course, the programmer isn't obligated to do so.

Payment / Terms

The programmer will provide a price for the utility based on their time estimation and we'll work something out. I can pay a minimum of $100 and am willing to pay more if this is something that will take longer than what I'm assuming.

Once a price has been agreed, I expect the utility to be coded within two weeks. I'm flexible with this but would appreciate it being submitted in a timely manner.

Contact

If interested, please get in touch:

E-mail - [email protected]
Skype - askypetochatandstuff
BYOND pager - Writing A New One
Really depends on the base image you're looking to convert, will they all follow the same format and spacing? If they're a consistent format it shouldn't be hard to manage (once it's nailed down what does where).

If it's going to be for images of non-standard formatting that makes things a lot more complicated and vastly increases the effort this would take.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:

I might be unsure as to what you're saying, but...

The formats should be consistent. All weapons for example work with the same conversion, so the calculations will be the same for every single weapon in the game. The positioning for hair styles is different but that'll be set as a separate 'type'.
So what you want is to take multiple screenshots and then convert it in to a .dmi format for what purpose? I can probably have this done.
In response to Xirre
Xirre wrote:
So what you want is to take multiple screenshots and then convert it in to a .dmi format for what purpose? I can probably have this done.

All right, let's say we have this -

Now, while these are the only unique frames of a hair style in Eternia, they still have to be aligned to the base sprite's head. Without a program to take care of that, it has to be done manually. The same for weapons, which are only 3 unique frames.

What this program does is cuts out the grunt work, making it less tedious to add new content. You upload a .png in a specific format and it'll give you a .dmi with the states aligned.
From what I can currently figure out, the best I can do is make it so you get the three screenshots, it implements them in to a single file, then converts it to .dmi. All you'd have to do from there is to set the default size of the .dmi. However, if I do come across something in a few on how to change the size and such for a .dmi.. I'll let you know. Currently setting up the application a bit more.
Xirre, you're way off on what he wants. I got this one :)
Okay. Go for it. Lol.

Edit: Let me know how it turns out. I want to know how it's done for some experience.
DID IT IN TWO HOURS WITHOUT ASKING FIRST-- but apparently the job placement is taken. Should have posted a placeholder. It was interesting to do, though. It's nice to work with icon procs for once. Insert was very sexy.
i can do it.
Still a good learning project for anyone wanting to give themselves something to do.
I'd like to study the code, if possible. So I could learn some new things.