ID:151416

ok so i've come across a bit of a design problem with my crafting system and i was wondering what players would think is best. The game is a Dragonballz based game mixed in with other random aspects but 90% DBZ. So I was wondering how would you the players like the crafting system to be

Old school where you have a anvil and a sewing wheel and campfires etc for basic crafting upwards towards laser nano technology.

or

Since its dbz and most stuff was high tech make everything start off high tech with machines that make clothes and weapons and only have few basics things like campfires,fishing rods, etc.

The problem im having is i dunno how i should begin the crafting for everyone.

So feel free to chime in as to how it should be started off
If it's a DBZ game, most of your players are only going to be interested in crafting the kind of things you can find in DBZ. It's not a series that is remembered for its riveting fishing sequences.
You're trying to combine two things that don't go together. DBZ was never about crafting in the first place. Perhaps you'd be better off designing your own sci-fi world... Just saying.
In response to Exoduster
well im just trying to add in more gameplay then just boring train train learn skill kill people ya know last thing i want is people at the start hording cash or w/e and making space ship and slaughtering people off the bat i wanted to make it more roleplay based not all action with mass repetitiveness mind you this game does have dbz items and such but you have to build up to it not like bulma magically would've been able to make a machine if nothing computer wise existed
In response to Mastergamerxxx
It seems like you're trying to imitate other popular DBZ games. I think Phoenix has the same kind of from-the-ground-up crafting system, right? Or one of them, I don't know, they're all the same. My point is that's a boring system and you shouldn't be trying to emulate it. But if you're making a DBZ game originality isn't your top priority.
I must point out that if you want any respect at all you'll need to show you know how to use full stops and capital letters like they taught you primary school. Anyway.. After that rant. Don't add crafting, it's like saying "This spoon is boring, let's add a vacuum cleaner, people will love that".
In response to Kyle_ZX
I disagree, you should try to create a good crafting system for a DBZ game. May be a good change of pace. Worse scenario would be that it sucked than you can just remove it.
In response to Kyle_ZX
ok if anyone doesnt have any useful on topic suggestions do leave
Two people gave you good suggestions, stop.
Its totally upto you whether or not you want to add a crafting system.

Personally id prefer to give players as much different things as they can even in fan games. Albeit DBZ would be hard to implement crafting i only see it showing any purpose in say having.
ClothMaking and armour making. where you can use say some random ore to make a bar and then you make a shirt kinda thing using clothmaking then combine the 2 items to say make a Saiyan chest piece. or weapon making

Other then that i see no real purpose in a crafting system. if you were to say make a Naruto fan game a crafting system could prove more into depth. as they have backing actually into the crafters of weapons in it. so you could use it for Armour making, clothing making, weapon making, then you can even go into as far as making players collect special items so that they can craft unique weapons. Naruto -could- use that. But as for DBZ your pushing your like to be honest.