Harmony Online

by Lavitiz
A fantasy sandbox RPG with a focus on non-linear character progression, intense open-world PvP, and plenty of quests to keep you yearning for more. Are you ready for your action-packed adventure?
ID:1516167

Yes, we're still here! Progress is slow, but we're still moving along regardless.

A few months ago we decided to stop working on the game mechanics to work on removing most of the interface elements and to replace them with HUD Objects. The few exceptions being the login screen, char creation screen, titlebar, and the chat input/output elements. Everything else is being created by our Head Pixel Artist, Inffliction, using Photoshop. While this may seem odd, we decided that we'd like to Photoshop the HUD elements rather than rely on pixel art.

----------

Here is a little sneak peak:

---
Lavitiz
Founder and Head Developer
info[AT]immortal-phoenix[DOT]com
Awesome,keep it up.Glad to see a Original being produced on byond.I hope that when I finish computer prog. classes and what not,i'll be more improved to Create Stuff like this
This game looks lovely.
Deadlypure wrote:
Awesome,keep it up.Glad to see a Original being produced on byond.I hope that when I finish computer prog. classes and what not,i'll be more improved to Create Stuff like this

Thanks! It all starts with a dream. :) Keep pushing towards it.

Ganite wrote:
This game looks lovely.

Thank you, Inffliction has been working very hard on the visuals. If only I was capable of such beauty that I see other Artists produce. :)
+1

I say this because I've played it already. + friggin' 1!
Looked amazing until I saw the Comic Sans

In response to Rushnut
Rushnut wrote:
Looked amazing until I saw the Comic Sans

You can't expect the game to be complete, it's not even released, silly! :P

I actually just spoke to my artist late last night to find some custom fonts that are free for commercial use.
In response to Lavitiz
It's too late now man, I'm gone, I'm done. The shattered remains of a once hopeful dream of a game that didn't use Comic Sans can tragically no longer be reforged into a bastion of enjoyment.

I'm sorry friend, my time has come.
In response to Rushnut
Darn it, comic sans! Look what you have done!
I like Comic Sans :)
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
I like Comic Sans :)

Me too even if its played out
Why is your game named after a dating website.
In response to Flysbad
Flysbad wrote:

Well... you know. Nothing better than a Byond version of eHarmony. :)

EDIT: I like comic sans, too. :< We were still planning on replacing the font with new custom ones, though. We'll just have comic sans as back-up, if for whatever reason the custom fonts do not work for everyone. I think I read somewhere on the forums where this has happened for some unknown reason. I'm not sure what Lummox meant in this post.
In response to Rushnut
Rushnut wrote:
It's too late now man, I'm gone, I'm done. The shattered remains of a once hopeful dream of a game that didn't use Comic Sans can tragically no longer be reforged into a bastion of enjoyment.

I'm sorry friend, my time has come.

:D 8/10. Did Enjoy.

Also yeah, Comic sans... When i first got the hint that some people might be adverse to it's use: that perhaps it was seen as like some kind of overplayed gimmick, well.. it was tough for me, and sometimes it has been on my mind while creating documents for public viewing.

:/ Fonts just haven't been the same. *tear*
In response to Flysbad
Flysbad wrote:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Comic Sans is perfectly fine. It doesn't look ugly at all. If anything, you could probably just let people choose their own font and then whenever there's OOC chatting, loop through all the players who have their OOC on (a list would probably make this more efficient) and then output to that user with that user's font variable. So if custom fonts don't work, then do a built-in font. They can always switch.

Also, when they switch I think you can use winset and winget to change the 'text' of the output so that it matches the font they change to. Find out of spamming it will break anything. Not sure if it's CPU intensive when there's like 1000 lines.
In response to Flysbad
Flysbad wrote:

Well let me let you in on an incredible life hack.

First you make game and get as popular as possible. You become important admin and loved by everyone. Suddenly BOOM the game turns from being a fun recreational activity, into a vast pool of willing gamer girls.

It's nice to see people liking the art :) More frequent updates coming, sorry to those who have been waiting.

photo Inffliction_zpse7f44996.png