Scripting language?

Well, it's not great but I wrote a PHP-ish scripting language using recursive descent, if it'd be of any use for you to look at I can send you the code.
In response to Topkasa
Topkasa wrote:
Scripting language?

Well, it's not great but I wrote a PHP-ish scripting language using recursive descent, if it'd be of any use for you to look at I can send you the code.

Idk if it would be, but it seems interesting. Sure. I wanna check out that source.

Although there's not much to show visually, there's been some fixes in the backend code and some slight implementation of commands for this client.

In the screenshot, I am thinking on how to implement SimpleGame, where the map would be what is being drawn to through commands in the console below. There is a lack of an actual text editor for SimpleGame, but the console should allow users to type commands in and manipulate the screen manually.

As mentioned before, users should be able to share their SG code with others. There isn't any implementation of SimpleGame parsing or interpreting yet, as I am still working on commands for Simplicity's chat aspect.
Quick question, people have already gone to the effort of installing and using BYOND to make their games. What makes them want to start programming games in SG code?

It seems like you're making a game maker inside a game maker.
Fired off the scripting stuff to you. If anyone else is interested, let me know and I'll send it your way as well.
SimpleGame is meant to be used for fun purposes and not to be taken seriously. It is simply for recreational fun. If I wanted it to be something more than that, I would definitely not program it in DM.

SimpleGame is gonna use a similar style to how the HUD system in ProjectCobalt is going to work. The following code for the "Hello" example:

simplegame.Cls()
simplegame.Print(1,1,"Hello")
simplegame.Paint(1,1,null,"#FF0000")

this will probably equate to something in SimpleGame script like:

CLS
PRINT 1 1 "Hello"
PAINT 1 1 0 "#FF0000"
In response to GamerMania
GamerMania wrote:
Honestly? I think you should stop developing the game. I don't think it will succeed. If you haven't noticed, all new games have been flushed out by things like SL2, NEStalgia, and SS13. At most, you'll only get 7 players on a good day, 3 of which are AFK. Unless it's something extremely innovating, you'll LOSE money from things like hosting.

If you're not enjoying the mere act of programming even a little, and instead are doing it expecting fans and money, you're doing it wrong. This applies to any hobby/trade/craft.
In response to Jittai
Jittai wrote:
GamerMania wrote:
Honestly? I think you should stop developing the game. I don't think it will succeed. If you haven't noticed, all new games have been flushed out by things like SL2, NEStalgia, and SS13. At most, you'll only get 7 players on a good day, 3 of which are AFK. Unless it's something extremely innovating, you'll LOSE money from things like hosting.

If you're not enjoying the mere act of programming even a little, and instead are doing it expecting fans and money, you're doing it wrong. This applies to any hobby/trade/craft.

Exactly, that's like telling someone who likes to draw that what there drawing no one will want to look at and its pointless, that based on your opinion and how can you tell someone what's pointless to them.

I could so add something like this to my scripting language o3o , looks great.
Page: 1 2 3