ID:152424

The starcraft/civilization part was from my blog or whatever that elation and someone else were messin with me in...

Anyways, Conquer of Age is a Real Time Strategy (RTS) (for some reason I want to say AN RTS..). The point of the game is to conquer everyone else by any means necessary.

-Players will be starting off primitive, with very early human combat units and structures.

-Players can make allies to help them conquer the world.. but in the end.. only 1 can rule!(atleast in this game.. World Leaders do NOT follow this)

-Players will start off with the primitive units/structures of the "Caveman Age" which means.. they'll be using cavemen as their units.

-As players upgrade their empire their units and structures will "evolve".

-What is the point of evolving you say? Same reason humans actually evolved.. It helps us survive and makes us do things more efficiently and faster. Units that're in the Modern Era will be way more efficient than units from the Caveman Era, passive units (used for building and gathering) will be much more efficient in their speed of doing their job.

-Players will evolve through 5 (so far) ages ranging from the Caveman Era,Iron Era, Medievil Era, Tech Era, and the Modern Era.

-What differs from the Eras? Aside from having more efficient units/structures... This is partly an evolving game! Cavemen didn't have Airships to go bomb other people.. Cavemen are limited to Melee and Ranged units only, while from the Tech Era on.. melee weapons don't exist! Why? Well.. look at any wars in the 1900's.. Did they have armies of samurais? armies of swordsmans? no.. they had GUNS.. RANGED weapons.. PLANES... I'm sure there were a few people who killed with a knife or something once in a while but we're talking in General.

Anyway, that's pretty much the jist of the game.. so ideas on some things that should be added to make the game more complete? or maybe something that's wrong and should be changed to be more accurate? And how would this kind of game be on BYOND (as far as does an RTS like this sound fun =P)

If questions need to be asked or some suggestions that you don't want to post here (for whatever reason) the forum can be accessed by clicking HERE
"-Players will evolve through 5 (so far) ages ranging from the Caveman Era, Mid Evil Era, Iron Era, Tech Era, and the Modern Era."

Iron age came before the Medieval age. If my memory serves me correctly, the iron age was the final age of AoE 1 and the medieval age featured only in it's sequel.

Also I may be wrong about this but the 'tech' era? Uh, technology is a pretty broad term. At least have the colonial/empirial age and such. Modern times began at the end of the 18th century, continuing to the present.
In response to Elation
Yeah I heard thata bout the Iron age coming before the medieval..

Can you explain colonial and empirial? >.>
In response to VcentG
I don't know too much about it myself but I mean the times before WW1 where it was all about the british empire going around killing innocent natives who had different coloured skin to them.
In response to Elation
How would the units be different though? if the units dont upgrade then its pointless, unless everyone wants to look british XD
In response to VcentG
Heres the list of ages I know (not every one will be listed):

Stone Age
Copper Age
Bronze Age
Iron Age
Dark Age
Medieval Age
Renaissance Age (ITS NOT THE SAME AS MEDIEVAL!)
Enlightenment Age
Industrial Age
Pre-Modern Age (Age I made up, about pre-WWI and post-WWI)
Atomic Age (Happens during or right before WWII)
Modern Age (Happens around Cold War, also decided not to call Space Age for this type of Era)
Information Age (What we're currently in)
(New) Space Age? (Thats just a guess)

Thats all I know for ages. =P Though, I'm building my own Civilization type of game, I don't mind giving a list of ages.
In response to Bandock
Empire Earth has a good set of ages...I'm at college right now so I can't check but their website should have a list.

Also, your game sounds very similar to Empire Earth so you should check it out.
In response to KirbyAllStar
Ah.. I'll look into it
In response to VcentG
Bandock wrote:
Heres the list of ages I know (not every one will be listed):

Stone Age
Copper Age
Bronze Age
Iron Age
Dark Age
Medieval Age
Renaissance Age (ITS NOT THE SAME AS MEDIEVAL!)
Enlightenment Age
Industrial Age
Pre-Modern Age (Age I made up, about pre-WWI and post-WWI)
Atomic Age (Happens during or right before WWII)
Modern Age (Happens around Cold War, also decided not to call Space Age for this type of Era)
Information Age (What we're currently in)
(New) Space Age? (Thats just a guess)

Thats all I know for ages. =P Though, I'm building my own Civilization type of game, I don't mind giving a list of ages.

If you were to pick out major 5 ages from the list provided by Bandock, it would be:
1) Stone Age
2) Iron~Dark Age
3) Medieval~Renaissance (but in this game, Medival would be more appropariate since Renaissance was the period when Arts, religion and philosophies developed)
4)Pre-Modern (During WWI~ post-WWII) --> This is when most of the war-weapons were developed
5)Modern Age (This is when the "mass" destruction weapon were developed")

**These are the major 5 stage of evolution in WEAPONS (not in the fields of arts, science or anything like that...)**
In response to Bandock
Wargames uses a similar age system, its currently:

1) Ancient Age (Up to 0ADto500AD ish)
2) Early Middle Ages (0to500ish-1000)
3) Late Middle Ages (1000-1600)
4) Enlightenment Age (1600-1800)
5) Industrial Age (1800-1900)
6) The Great War Age (1900-1920)
7) Interwar Age (1920-1935)
8) Second World War Age (1935-1950ish)
9) Cold War Age (1950ish-1990)
10) Modern Age (1990-2010)

Then I have 2 future ages planned, but haven't got round to it yet. The major advances in each are:

2) Better use of wooden and stone defencive buildings
3) Naval power, battleships
4) Guns
5) Switch from wooden to metal ships
6) Tanks and Planes
7) Improved WW1 stuff, more efficient and cost effective
8) Loads of stuff here to use, including nukes
9) Jet Aircraft
10) Bigger use of Intel Vehicles, longer ranged weapons etc.
Audeuro and I are currently developing a turn-based civilization game that's centered around space. We're currently using this resource for things like different ages.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale

We fill in the ages with technologies that must be mastered before the next Kardashev number can be achieved.
In response to Stego
Yeah which are the basic 5 that I got cept Pre-Modern I put Tech but its the same time
In response to VcentG
VcentG wrote:
unless everyone wants to look british XD

I'm game.