ID:15265

Keywords: members, website
This update brings several new features, again thanks to Deadron:
  • RSS feeds for blogs. This allows users with the proper software to easily track new posts on your blog. There's a new RSS link on the top of each blog page, which users can click to add your blog to their favorite news reader.

See "What RSS Means To You" for more information.
  • Added a "Show blog updates" preference to toggle whether you see your favorite blogs' updates when you visit your own site. If you start using RSS for this purpose, you may decide to turn this off.
  • Fixed a bug where "Blog updates" did not go away when viewing a new blog post directly, instead of viewing the entire blog.
  • Added a "My Guilds" box to list the guilds that you're a member of.
  • Added a "Show guilds" preference to turn on/off this box. When off, nobody besides you can see it, and your name doesn't show up in Guild Member lists either.

If you missed Guild Update #1, it was posted at BYOND Labs.
Wow. I had no idea that people could join more than one guild at a time. That shoots down my theory of "everybody is a leader, nobody follows".
Added a "Show guilds" preference to turn on/off this box. When off, nobody besides you can see it, and your name doesn't show up in Guild Member lists either.

I understand the "Show guilds" part, but not the second clause that your name doesn't show up in the lists. I can imagine if people don't want to display the guild info on their page, but if you're going to be a part of a guild, that info could at least be available on the guild's page, if not on your own. I don't see the point in having "secret" guild members.

[Edit]
Other than that, way to listen and respond to user requests so promptly. ;)
again thanks to Deadron

Mike did at least as much work as me on these features...but anyway, yay, cause I worked on these specifically so I could use them!
RSS FEEDS! w00t! Good job guys, I wanted that from the start. :)
Mike, The My guilds box does not include the guild one created themself.

Is that Intentional?
The guild account is not considered to be a member of itself in those terms.

As the "container" for the guild, the guild itself doesn't have a rank, etc.