ID:1528107

Just displaying one of my walking animations I've been working on today. The base itself is bald, but I decided to add the hair to at least give it a little flavour for right now.

[EDIT] Altered the leg animation slightly and changed the skin pallet.
Those curves! <3
In response to Akto
Akto wrote:
Those curves! <3

Lol, that's exactly what I wanted to go for. There's no reason people should feel constrained to 32x32 sprites and end up with ugly characters. This is the kind of work you can do when you expand your boundaries!~
The hair I do realize that it could be done much better, but the only reason I really did the hair was so I wouldn't end up with a bald base. I didn't take nearly as much time on it as the rest of the body.

As for the cleavage, well, I thought about it, but I wasn't exactly going for a fully naked sprite, I just wanted a solid base to go from.

I do agree with you on the pallet change. I didn't notice how yellowish she was, I'm definitely going to change that to a more pinkish look.

I'm going to get back to you on the alterations...
You're right, changing up the leg animation does make it walk a bit smoother and changing up the pallet makes it much more suitable for what I'm going for. Still didn't add the boobage because it's not really necessary for what I need. Lol.

Just showing off the other angles for the sprite. I'm experimenting with an idle breathing animation, but I'm still having trouble getting it right. I'll post that later once I have something decent.
I completely redid the walking animation and now have a pretty firm grasp on animating walking sprites. I'm sure others call it something different, but I like to refer to it as drawing someone walking on a treadmill, where no foot stays in the same spot from frame to frame. I don't know, that was just a realization that really helped me seal it in nicely. You guys let me know what you think of the new animation.

It also helped me to draw the mechanics of walking by understanding that it's basically a controlled fall, where each step forward is a quick motion to prevent yourself from face-planting into the ground. That's why the animation from moving the leg forward is much quicker than moving it back.
Animation is beautiful and the actual base itself is gorgeous. Very, very refreshing to see a more feminine base on BYOND. Keep up the good work!
Eh, I guess the pallet choice is just a matter of opinion. Done more edits, but working on the other directions now.
Maybe, try mixing the shadow color of the skin with the base color of the skin to being them closer together. It might actually be the values of the colors, the values I see are 84-97. There's nothing actually dark on this figure.

I added a value.
 photo SolomnArchitectReponse2_zps79d379c3.png

Then I played with color a little bit.
 photo SolomnArchitectReponse_zpsbc5a33c5.png  photo SolomnArchitectReponse3_zps0e63e5e9.png
I see what you're talking about, but the main focus right now is on the animation, not the colour pallet. That can be changed easily to reflect any style I want, really.
Oh baby, those hips don't lie!
In response to Pandora'sSecret
Pandora'sSecret wrote:
Oh baby, those hips don't lie!

well.. she sure is shapely. What more needs to be said! xD