ID:1529021

(See the best response by Nadrew.)
Just tried to lauch byond in Windows 98 (not second edition) and it seems that win98 does not support the new gui.

(Sorry for the language, that's my native language)

Best response
Unfortunately, Windows 98 is no longer supported. You may be able to get it working by installing Internet Explorer 7 and the latest DirectX and video card drivers, but I really doubt it. You need to update your operating system to something not made 17 years ago.
Jesus.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
Unfortunately, Windows 98 is no longer supported. You may be able to get it working by installing Internet Explorer 7 and the latest DirectX and video card drivers, but I really doubt it. You need to update your operating system to something not made 17 years ago.

Not supported by whom?

BYOND says it supports Win98. :) they might want to change that.

Runs on Win98/2000/XP/Vista/7/8
It can run, doesn't mean it will run.
ok, i will test if maker and daemon works.
Why.. Are you still using Windows 98? Great OS, but only 'slightly' outdated.
just testing it on a virtual machine :)

(Really I have Win 7 Home Basic)
not working, i get the same error :(
No point supporting this because pretty soon we'll be on our new VS2013 build and that only supports XP SP3 or greater.
Yeah, VS2013 definitely only works on Windows XP or greater (using Windows XP toolset). Might be worth mentioning on the download page once the new version becomes stable.

I only have been using Windows 98 (through a Virtual Machine or even through certain builds of DOSBox) for older programs anyhow that did not function even on Windows XP.
I'd honestly suggest just drop anything below XP as officially not supported, and only support XP SP3+. There's a point when trying to support that far back is just unreasonable.