ID:153136

Hey, I don't know if this should go here, so if it doesn't, can a mod please move it to where it SHOULD be?
Anyway, what do YOU think about implementing random drawings, is it a good idea? Like, for instance, right now, I have made it that my game takes a list of the alphabet, and starts randomly drawing letters every 5 minutes until it draws the 6 letter word, "WINNER." Once it gets that combo, it draws another 8 letters from the alphabet as an authentication code to page to me, and they get a prize. (After it tells the player the authentication code, it adds it to a list so it can't be used again. Then, after they page me it, I use a Authentication Checker verb to see if it's in the list of recently generated codes(as in authentication codes), if it is, it moves it over to a list so that it cannot be used again and whoever paged me it gets a prize.)

NOTE: I'm only doing that when it's still first released, after it's been released for a bit, I'll remove it, or make it alot less frequent
Instead of an authentication code, IMO, it would be much simpler to just have it give the player the prize. You can completely get rid of the whole authentication code process. :)
In response to Wizkidd0123
Wizkidd0123 wrote:
Instead of an authentication code, IMO, it would be much simpler to just have it give the player the prize. You can completely get rid of the whole authentication code process. :)

Well, I'm trying to make it to prevent cheating, and manually checking is better than having the proc check and give them the prize. Besides, the prize will be different every time.

EDIT:

Heh, right after I posted this, I made it so that they don't HAVE to page me, I am using the client.SendPage() proc to send an email with all the information I need :P.
In response to Lenox
Lenox wrote:
Heh, right after I posted this, I made it so that they don't HAVE to page me, I am using the client.SendPage() proc to send an email with all the information I need :P.

But, honestly, it's much better for the proc to give them the prize. It would add much more feasibility to the idea, and much less work for you. Also, it would leave the players much more satisfied to get immediate gratification for the drawing.