ID:153217

I was looking trough the Byond Webiste and i seen this so i fuguerd i would drop in and tell u about this new game im making although it needs a lot of help as of tonight i only have 1% of it done and 50% of the site done

Game Name Medevil Quest
GAME TYPE = RPG
Game Time Frame = Medevil Times
Game Weapons = Swords,bows,daggers,knifes,magic,etc...
Game Battle System a learned copy of Nandrews Lvling System not coyped and pasted
Game Logging System = Workind/On One

Game Info
you start out a class and with that class ur either the lowest or strongest of that class and every class has sumthin diffrent
ex:peasant
Most Apt to learning
ex:merchant
Best Item keeper And Tracker aslo richest
ex:Archer
Starts With Weapon fights In kings Army good stats
and on and on untill King Which is only for a select Few!!
well i said enough so i hope u enjoy it i wll keep the forum updated now that i no its here so peace
A theory of mine: If you don't have time to spellcheck a game presentation, I'm not sure if other people "have the time" to check out your game as well. A few spelling mistakes I don't care about, but when it's even in the game title...

/Gazoot
What does this game have to offer me that other RPGs don't?
In response to Kunark
Kunark wrote:
What does this game have to offer me that other RPGs don't?

This Game is going to offer new and exciting game play unlike sekia and mystic journey "which are great games"
im going to have ranking mode where if you are this level then ur stats and your posion in the caslte "which is based around medevil times "will be higher your ultimate goal over all will to one day be king over a great nation which will take some time but wont take up ur life, Mystic Journey is nice becasue as you level up you gain new magic skills and what not however that games is based around evil and dark spirts/mysical times mine is based around a medevil army and town with many new objects and building from the medevil times.yes im going to have spells but no its not going to be A Mass Where Every Char Gets Spells although im not saying this game is going to be the best on byond but me and my team are hopeing for the best so as we will still work on it and fix it and recieve help from coders 10000x better then me plz just look at it as a new and diffrent experince
Every Char is Going to be diffrent.
In response to Gazoot
Gazoot wrote:
A theory of mine: If you don't have time to spellcheck a game presentation, I'm not sure if other people "have the time" to check out your game as well. A few spelling mistakes I don't care about, but when it's even in the game title...

/Gazoot
another thing is that im going to change the name just becasue if i dont i will get hurrased
In response to Smokymcpot
Smokymcpot wrote:
mine is based around a medevil army and town
Game Time Frame = Medevil Times
Game Weapons = Swords,bows,daggers,knifes,magic,etc...

Let me just make one point here, please. The medieval times was a specific interval in European history, if my world history teacher is correct. Now, we learned nothing about magic or spells or wizards. Why? BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T EXIST. You cannot claim that your game is both medieval and contains magic, simply because there was no such thing as magic in the medieval times. Either change the genre of your game so that you can make up whatever kind of garbage you want to about your game, or get rid of magic while retaining the medieval time frame.
In response to Mertek
good point and srry i forgot about there not being any magic back then but i have also done my homework and the believed in wizards but as i stated you are correct in saying that the medeval times is a time in history and they didnt have magic so thanks for bringing that to my attention and since that i will discontiun the use of all and or ne magic and srry to offend you people on this subject

"no more will be posted"
"delete these hub entrys if possible"
OK THIS GAME IS NOW IN NEW OWNER SHIP SMOKYMCPOT(DRACOSE)
TO SMOKYMCPOT(GOUENT) SRRY IF MY BROTHER CONFUSED YOU HES NEW TO CODING AND ISNT VERY SMART SO DONT HOLD IT AGIANST HIM BUT NOW THAT I OWN IT ITS NOT GOING TO BE BASED AROUND MEDEVIL TIMES ONLY CERTAIN THINGS WILL BE AND I DONT KNOW WHAT HE TOLD YOU ABOUT IT BUT IM COMPLETLY REDOING THE CODING SO... SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION
Well, at least you spelled half of the name correctly....
Agghh. The caps are making my brain ache. And you're still spelling Medieval wrong. Agghh.
In response to Hazman
Meh, any game released by such incompetent idiots such as yourself is going to be rubbish.

Proof that it runs in the family, no?

www.dictionary.com - look up "punctuation".
In response to Mertek
Mertek wrote:
because there was no such thing as magic in the medieval times.

Yes, that didn't come until later. >.>
In response to Mertek
I've never learnt anything about the history of a crisps bag, yet i know it exists(please no one go in to philosophical discussions about this).

You not reading anything about magic/witches/wizards doesn't mean it didn't exist.

And i have seen books written about black magic, including actual practises of witch craft, from the medieval times. Yet that changes nothing about the existence of magic.

So you can't claim that magic exists or doesn't exist, and when something is unknown, you're free to do whatever you wan't with it.
In response to DeathAwaitsU
Actually, no, it DOESN'T exist, because it would break many, many, many fundamental laws of physics.

And don't forget the fact that there are no wizards flying around flinging fireballs at each other today.
I cant believe the complaint about magic being in the Midevil ages.

You say it didn't exist then, are you trying to seriously say magic exists now?

Its only a game, don't be so uptight.
DeathAwaitsU wrote:
I've never learnt anything about the history of a crisps bag, yet i know it exists(please no one go in to philosophical discussions about this).

You not reading anything about magic/witches/wizards doesn't mean it didn't exist.

And i have seen books written about black magic, including actual practises of witch craft, from the medieval times. Yet that changes nothing about the existence of magic.

So you can't claim that magic exists or doesn't exist, and when something is unknown, you're free to do whatever you wan't with it.

Show me historical evidence of some medieval wizard casting Magic Missile and I'll shut up for all of eternity, just for you.
In response to Garthor
Garthor wrote:
And don't forget the fact that there are no wizards flying around flinging fireballs at each other today.

Sure there are. It's just that any time somebody actually sees it, Mr. Smith and his agent friends come to help them forget. :P
In response to all the people who replied...

I'm not saying that magic existed in the medieval times and i'm not saying it exists now. But at the same time i'm not saying that it didn't exist back then or that it exists now.

What i am saying is that you can't prove either of the 4 statements(especially by saying well i haven't seen anything so it doesn't exist).

So lets just let him add or remove whatever he wants to his game. Game's dont need to be based on reality, hardly any games based on pure fact are as popular as those based on fantasy.
In response to Jon88
Of course, because a pseudo-reality is just as believable.
DeathAwaitsU wrote:
What i am saying is that you can't prove either of the 4 statements(especially by saying well i haven't seen anything so it doesn't exist).

The burden of proof is on the person who made the claim that does not conform to the current understanding of the universe.

Thus, if you can't prove magic exists, IT DOESN'T EXIST.
Page: 1 2