ID:1535800

BYOND Version:504
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro
Web Browser:Chrome 34.0.1847.116
Applies to:Dream Maker

A member of our crack team of bug testers has verified that this issue is reproducible, and has handed it off to the development team for investigation.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
The multi-line comment indicators - /* */ - can be placed inside single-line comments.
Doing so nullifies them, as expected.
However, DM's syntax highlighting seems to miss this.
That can lead to problems, such as this obvious example:

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Start a multi-line comment (with /*)
2. Attempt to close it (with */) inside a single-line comment
3. Add some code below that, note that it's not greyed-out
4. Attempt to compile, note the "End of file reached inside comment" error on the .dme

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
/*
// */

Expected Results:
DM appropriately greys-out anything written after those 2 lines.
Actual Results:
DM doesn't grey out anything after that, but throws an obvious error upon attempting to compile.

Does the problem occur:
Only tested on this laptop, but likely occurs on any machine.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
Occurred in 502 as well.
I actually think this is more of a compiler error than a syntax highlighting error. The compiler ought to ignore the // because it happens after the /* which was already established.
Stephen001 changed status to 'Verified'
In terms of what the bug is, I'd agree with Lummox JR here. Logically you're in a block comment context when the // is seen, and so I'd expect the // to be ignored, and so, the compiler error you had reported should not be there.