ID:1535845

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
plz
You may want to elaborate on this.

As a for-instance, do you want notifying when the client has put something into their clipboard or it's contents have changed? Which would imply a procedure you override, like Click().

Are you interested in populating their clipboard with data? Which implies a procedure you call.

What's the use-case here?
you can already access and
write to the clipboard using javascript.
Ctrl+C and CTRL+V have always worked well with notepad.

Jokes aside, more than easily codeable. And you haven't told us what this magical clipboard is or means.
I was going for more of a string variable.
So if I copy a text off google, I can use
world << client.clipboard
to output that text. I'm not sure how well this would work if someone copies an image, or if it would work at all.
Definitely not as contents though, something that would always be over written would make more sense to me.
Well the issue with just a variable is that information has to get from client to server, and there's of course no guarantee that when you go to use client.clipboard, that it'll be filled with anything, either because they haven't copied anything to clipboard, or network delays.

So you cannot rely on it as a value, you'd have to check it inside of the sleeping loop, in the vast majority of use-cases. When you've got a polling pattern like that, it makes more sense that you'd implement it as 1. A procedure call that potentially sleeps akin to input() (get me the current/next thing in their clipboard), 2. an override-friendly procedure on client (I have received the client's clipboard contents, I will now put that into some window control, perform processing on it etc).

Probably for your use-case, the first option is better. But not just a variable, never just a variable.