Serenos - The Mining Colony

by Laser50
A game about building up and maintaining an underground mining colony, in order to survive.
ID:1536010

Poll: Should we lock servers on max playercount? (Read below)

Yes 100% (6)
No 0% (0)
Other Idea (Post) 0% (0)

Login to vote.

I promised y'all games that could last for hours, days, as much as you'd like to. Which has brought me to this poll.

Basically, when the game is finished, and I've been able to do all my optimizations and fixes. I will be hosting several servers. First to join said server will be assigned 'master', whom can then assign a max amount of players, perhaps even server name.

This will make things a lot easier for friends to make games together, because the master knows how many people you'll be with.

That aside, the server will maintain a list of all players that are connected. That list is the playeramount. When a player disconnects, the slot will remain for up to 5 minutes. Until it is freed.

(?) How is this beneficial?
In this way, you can easily create a friends-only server, while game crashes, and PC issues are no problem, because your player-slot will always remain free if you have to go for some time.
Obviously, the 'master' will be able to set this timer from 5 minutes to around 30. And has the ability to clear the player slots at will. In case he wants others to join.
sounds ideal because SS13 don't clear the previous person whom working on it so that is good idea