ID:153976

As most of you know, I am making a game called Infantry Wars. However, I am out of ideas on how to improve it, so I'm taking suggestions. Oh, and I don't mean "Speed up gameplay" because I have already maxed gameplay to the fullest extent possible with BYOND. And, as for icons, no one wants to work for free and the contents of my wallet is as follows: 0 dimes. So, as you can see, icons are out of my price range. However, I DO want ideas like new classes and the like. BTW, the Sniper class can only damage turrets and I'm sticking to it. So, Maz, if you suggest to remove it, I'm banning you. (BTW, Maz, that was merely a joke.) However, I want suggestions that would improve gameplay. Do not say, for example, "Change name to L337 Wars", because then I WILL do the ban I threatened to Maz.
Hutchy2k1 wrote:
Add tap dancing monkeys and sharks with frikin lasers stuck to their heads.

Also hers an idea change name to L337 Wars.

That's it, Hutch! I warned you about ban from game.
lol, I meant that the SUGGESTOR will be banned, not Maz.
woop i get banned,
infantry wars, i loved that game, have you removed the load/save ability it was pretty easy to cheat the game with that.
Umm i havnt been on latley so im not sure what you have added. so heres a few default
npcs that try blow up your castle thingys and you have to return to it before they explode or something among those lines.
a forum of your own maybe that it will auto lnik into when you play
How bout L337-ness WaRz?
In response to Branks
not too sure bout that branks
¦_¦8£\' L337 \x/@R$-¦-0r/\/eY 2oOE 3|>1-|-)(0/\/
<font color = black> Uber leet Wars tourney 2003 edition</font>
Thank you, thank you.
In response to Maz
AHH!! excellent idea Maz!! indeed
Drafonis wrote:
As most of you know, I am making a game called Infantry Wars. However, I am out of ideas on how to improve it, so I'm taking suggestions. Oh, and I don't mean "Speed up gameplay" because I have already maxed gameplay to the fullest extent possible with BYOND.

Well, one of my main concerns is that your maps are a bit, erm, lacking. There only seems to be two types of tiles: that strange purple-ish one that covers the map, and the metallic one at the starting-area. Having merely a big open area is not only going to make it hard to find enemies, but a bit listless and repetitive to players.

And, as for icons, no one wants to work for free and the contents of my wallet is as follows: 0 dimes. So, as you can see, icons are out of my price range.

Unfortunately, having coloured arrows (or whatever they are o.O) just won't cut it with the majority of players. I have no suggestions on how you can acquire an artist, so just try to make up something on your own. I'm a crummy artist too, but I manage. :)

However, I DO want ideas like new classes and the like. BTW, the Sniper class can only damage turrets and I'm sticking to it.

Can I ask why? I mean, what's the logic behind a sniper only being able to shoot at turrets? You might as well rename to class to something like "Turret-Killer" (or something more creative).

I think another large area that you need to improve upon is your types of weapons, and firing mechanism. Most of the 'firing' verbs didn't work, and I know that certain classes can use certain ones, so you might want to let players know what verbs they can use, or take out them from the statpanel altogether.

Your shooting style is the same style that I used for Bizlof War. Since BYOND is limited to 8 directions (for the most part), shooting enemies is very tough. I think you should lower player health considerably, so that battles take a bit less time.

Good luck!