ID:154055

Which do you think would cause the least lag . . . .

Creating a standard map in dream maker using the built in map editor. The map would have many independent NPC mobs moving around, etc., each with their own specific NPC procs. This would be the normal approach.

or

Having a large blank map where new maps could be spawned as needed and then collapsed once all PCs leave the area. NPC mobs in the area would be created and deleted as well. These map areas may vary in size from small to very large with hundreds of tiles.
any thoughts would be greatly appreciated . . .
Personally, I think the second one would increase lag. Wouldn't it be a pain if everyone walked into a new area and the game would have to spawn it and everything? Could cause a few problems. ;) However, if the maps that get loaded were pretty small, I'd see no problem in it. I spawn everything on the map in DM, except my battle system and stuff where they get loaded. :) Anywho, It's a nice idea. :)

~Griswald~
I like dynamic systems, but they would cause a bit more lag. Just because NPCs exist does not mean you have to update them. If there are no PCs in an area, don't bother updating that area. The map could still be premade.