ID:154070

I'm building a simple editor that allows me to place rooms, set their directions (graphically), set their name and descriptions and things like that (as well as saving and loading maps!) The only problem I'm having so far is that, for all the options that the editor has, I'm having a hard time thinking of a nice organized way to present those options to the user. Because of the nature of the program, verbs are out of the question.

Right now I'm using a small HTML popup that houses 9 graphical buttons that do stuff, but that means any time I want to add an option, I have to add a new button or add additional features to one of the existing buttons. And quite frankly, I don't like the HTML popup. I wish there was some kind of options bar that I could use for this, like most programs have. But, I don't! So I'm looking for ideas of a simple yet effective (and nice looking) way to present options to the user. Any ideas?

(PS, I'm trying to make this look as much like a classic windows program as possible.)
The only other way of doing it that I know of is with a HUD system using screen objects. You may need to wait until changes are made to the byond interfaces so they are more customizable. I don't really think there are any other options...
You could use an options stapanel, similar to the system in BTG. If you click on one of the main menu items, it opens the sub options within. It's easy to impliment too. :)
Lol I just made an options menu for my game, I just used the simple input() proc to do it.

But what I -was- gonna do is make screen object buttons that came up when you clicked the options verb. I find that to make the options menu look the best.
In response to Kunark
If you use the map window, screen objects and what not, use the print screen button, and paste it into a blank paint window (not sure if you knew about it), then get the file, edit, etc. Copy those into icon files, and then set them up at the top of the screen, should look pretty windowsish.