ID:154092

Well, in SHB, I have a few super speed powers, one being that you move so fast that you leave after images, which is SOO cool!

Now, I was thinking of adding a power that shows lots of images floating around all over the place, leaving your opponent confused, just one question, would this cuase too much lag?

I was thinking something like this

@ = original mob
$ = clone
Frame 1:
$ $
@
$ $

Frame 2:
$
@$$
$
Frame 3
$
$ $ $
@

So that they are always switching place and such. Is this just too much? And should those fake clones be obj's or mobs?
Sariat wrote:
Well, in SHB, I have a few super speed powers, one being that you move so fast that you leave after images, which is SOO cool!

Nifty. >:)

Now, I was thinking of adding a power that shows lots of images floating around all over the place, leaving your opponent confused, just one question, would this cuase too much lag?

It shouldn't, assuming there isn't *too* many after-images. Personally, I would make them a special type of non-dense object, which you assign the player's icon to.

The only part in question is where the objects will be located around you, and how far away? Realistically, the after-images should appear directly behind where you just were. If you do that it would be substantially easier to code as well, as you just need to throw in a non-dense object that looks like the character in the position that s/he was just in prior to moving for a few seconds.

Good luck! :)

- Malver
In response to Malver
Heh...thats how the fast movement actually works right now :P

This is more like a, trick. It makes 4 clones, and they all switch places.

Example:
----------
Super Hobo Man: I will get you Multiple man!

Mutliple man: They don't call me mutliple man for nothing!

*mutliplies*

M = multiple man

m = fake image

This happens:
m m
M
m m
Then this

M
mmm
m
Then this

m
mmm
M

So that they are always moving around.

PS, this is how the fast movement works (the power)
---------------------

After image = I
Person = P

I
I
I
P

The perso has moved down....

-ST
In response to Sariat
Well, if they were to move randomly *around* the person (1 or 2 tiles away?), then the enemy would know that the image in the centre would be the real one.

What if (using your original plan) the after-images remained for about 4-5 seconds, but the player could move on top of old images (would be confusing and enjoyable?), kind of like putting trails onto your mouse and moving it back into the existing trails.

Otherwise I think it would just give away where the person was.

- Malver
In response to Malver
NO..the clone and the usr would change places, so that the person is not ALWAYS in the middle, it just starts there
In response to Sariat
Sariat wrote:
NO..the clone and the usr would change places, so that the person is not ALWAYS in the middle, it just starts there

No need to capitalize that 'NO' part. Made me jump. :)

If you want to know if it will cause lag, then I think it depends on how you code it. It shouldn't cause much lag (if any), as long as the effect doesn't create TOO many after-images, and they don't last TOO long.

Good luck!

- Malver