ID:154093

I know there are limits to 65,536 objects, and I think that limit applies individually for each type of object, obj, mob, area, atom, datum, list, etc...

I'm not real clear on it though, can I have 65000 mobs AND 65000 objs, or will it hit the limit when I have 65000 atoms? How does this work, exactly?
Foomer wrote:
I know there are limits to 65,536 objects, and I think that limit applies individually for each type of object, obj, mob, area, atom, datum, list, etc...

I'm not real clear on it though, can I have 65000 mobs AND 65000 objs, or will it hit the limit when I have 65000 atoms? How does this work, exactly?

I don't think raw atoms actually count... haven't people made working games with maps of up to 500x500? That's a quarter of a million turfs right there.
In response to Leftley
It doesn't seem to apply to turfs...
In response to Foomer
It doesn't apply to turfs that are compiled in the map. If you create them at runtime, they will overflow that limit. So don't.

-AbyssDragon
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
It doesn't seem to apply to turfs...

1 second that, in temple of time i did this
mob/verb/Turf_Count()
var/counted = 0
for(var/turf/T in world)
counted += 1
usr << "Total turfs counted: [counted]"

And it says..
Total turfs Counter: 210506
Thats over 210k turfs, so i dont think there is a limit, i did same for mobs, there is 2000 mobs in the game, and 900 Objects.

RaeKwon
In response to AbyssDragon
Are you sure??? I'm pretty sure I've had more than 38 burrows (1,681 dynamically generated turfs apiece) at once in Hedgerow Hall... if not, then we've come damn close to catastrophe. :)
In response to Lesbian Assassin
Occassionally I make things up. You get used to it.

-AbyssDragon
In response to AbyssDragon
AbyssDragon wrote:
Occassionally I make things up. You get used to it.

-AbyssDragon

That reminds me, I need to go to my underground arsenal, lock and load, and put a stop to that invading alien fleet.

...No, I'm not making that up. =)