ID:154102

I was thinking of letting experienced players develope thier own powers, but then I thought, it might be too much trouble and not worth it.

Example:

Super Karate Man has been playing for a long time, now he gets a chance to develope his own karate combo attack. For each "blow" he adds to the attack, the more endurance the attack costs him.

So he selects the first blow: he chooses right punch
Second blow, he chooses left punch
third: right kick
fourth: uppercut
fifth: headbutt
and sixth: a finishing uppercut

Now, when he does this, it takes away 20% of his endurance.

So he walks around, sees a criminal and does his super karate attack!

This leaves the MASSIVE icon states FOR THE BASE ICON AND for the CLOTHES , and the VERY HARD coding to do it.

So is it worth doing something like this?

-ST
Sariat wrote:
I was thinking of letting experienced players develope thier own powers, but then I thought, it might be too much trouble and not worth it.

Example:

Super Karate Man has been playing for a long time, now he gets a chance to develope his own karate combo attack. For each "blow" he adds to the attack, the more endurance the attack costs him.

So he selects the first blow: he chooses right punch
Second blow, he chooses left punch
third: right kick
fourth: uppercut
fifth: headbutt
and sixth: a finishing uppercut

Now, when he does this, it takes away 20% of his endurance.

So he walks around, sees a criminal and does his super karate attack!

This leaves the MASSIVE icon states FOR THE BASE ICON AND for the CLOTHES , and the VERY HARD coding to do it.

So is it worth doing something like this?

I don't see how this adds extra states if it's just a combo attack. You should be able to use existing icons without a problem.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:

I don't see how this adds extra states if it's just a combo attack. You should be able to use existing icons without a problem.

Lummox JR

I would have to do right punch, right kick, left kick, etc icon states...

and THEN I have to put them in order, which would probably cuase lots of cpu lag (I think?)

-ST