ID:154116

As of recently, I've finished the major building blocks of my current game, and it suddenly dawned upon me that my characters just need more things to do. :)

Basically, a player can improve upon weapon skills, "magical" skills, leveling up, as well as training their vital stats.

But, what else can I toss in to give character development a bit more variety?

The setting is an original world, but partially medieval based, if it helps.

Thanks.

- Malver

[EDIT] Arg, and I have stances that can be learned. Usually they boost one area, while leaving you lacking in another, or they balance your stats out.
why not give them the ability to learn special abilities(fighting styles, magical attacks, special attributes) through mini games/quests. Like you talk to a guy and he tells you if you chop down a little patch of trees he will give you a certain ability. Just a though.

Canar
In response to Canar
Canar wrote:
why not give them the ability to learn special abilities(fighting styles, magical attacks, special attributes) through mini games/quests. Like you talk to a guy and he tells you if you chop down a little patch of trees he will give you a certain ability. Just a though.

Canar

Just a though?What the hell does that mean?

--MAJIN NOOBS
Tradeskills, item creation (through tradeskills ^_~ ), Roleplay based abilities (some examples might be changing the name of a specific item, useless little graphical effects, etc), perhaps mini-game based skills that arent based on combat or PvP interaction?

Usually the main lacking points of most RPG-style games are just those.. Tradeskills tend to be 'put this and this together to make this', and the rp ( and community building ) aspects are left to rot. Make the game so that you dont have to play -the- (notice singular) game -all- the time, and you get a world that could build a rather devoted community ^^

Just more thoughts

El
In response to Majin Noobs
Majin Noobs wrote:
Canar wrote:

Canar

Just a though?What the hell does that mean?

--MAJIN NOOBS

Please don't get picky on his little mistake there. When people type fast you tend to miss out a letter or two.

Plus, what he actually means is "thought".

--Lee