ID:154122

...wandering around this prehistoric world for no reason. Okay, maybe you've got a spear and you're looking for something to hunt, or winter has set in and your previous home is just too darn cold and you need to find a good cave or something.

The question is, if you're wandering around a prehistoric world, what kind of things would you want/expect to encounter there? I need some ideas for stuff to make my world interesting :oP
dinosuars and caveman tv's...hmm how about towns made out of rocks and couches and so on and so forth...cant think of anything else
In response to Emperor Beld
I'd actually like some reasonable responces. I'm not talking about interior decorating, I'm talking about things you'd find while exploring a continent.
In response to Foomer
mountains, forests, lakes @.@ *L*

Maybe other cavemen? ^_~ perhaps an advanced tribe or some evil aliens or something *L*

Depends on what you want the game to be like ^^ serious, or off the wall? ^_~

El
In response to Elorien
My idea for a caveperson MUD had multiple tribes/species of hominids, including a group of ancient astronauts.

Geologic activity could be interesting... especially with the idea of having different paths/routes which lead to defined regions. Things like mudslides and earthquakes could block off old paths and open new ones, keep the world "fresh."
In response to Lesbian Assassin
Geologic activity could be interesting... especially with the idea of having different paths/routes which lead to defined regions. Things like mudslides and earthquakes could block off old paths and open new ones, keep the world "fresh."

Hell, even just for static area layouts and descriptions, I'd highly recommend doing a little geological research. I've never found rocks terribly fascinating, but I'm sure that if you read into that stuff a little you could really make the terrain a lot more interesting.
In response to Leftley
Rocks are awesome. My friend and I can spend hours with rocks, as long as we have a comprehensive rock book handy:

"Argg! This pyrite's got perfect cleavage!"
"No, it's cleavage sucks. Check out the shine on this baby!"
"This rock has no cleavage. What a rip-off"
And so on...

I have an ample supply of geological knowlage, so please do contact me and let me ramble on about how periodical silt layering creates beautiful color displays on seaside clifs that reside near colliding plate boundaries, while other seaside boundaries reamain for the most part flat or slightly hilly! Or, I could talk about inland glacial drumlins and how they create a diverse landscape including lakes, hills, valleys, and sandstone caverns! It just so happens that I live atop one of the largest drumlin hills in Wisconsin and the United States! I dunno about Canada...

-Lord of Water
In response to Lord of Water
Dantom is gnice enough to allow you to post. Then you take them for granite by posting the same thing twice.
In response to ACWraith
I just noticed that. O.o I'll see if I can delete one.
In response to Lord of Water
Of quartz you can! But don't worry... it's not like you were pyriting software, or anything like that.
The question is, if you're wandering around a prehistoric world, what kind of things would you want/expect to encounter there? I need some ideas for stuff to make my world interesting :oP

You might get some inspiration from going to Google and looking for information on an old PlayStation game called "Tail of the Sun", from a company called Artdink.

I absolutely loved it. My friends, on the other hand, thought it was idiotic, and even since then, whenever I want to show them a cool game, they say "This isn't that caveman game, is it?"
In response to Gughunter
Yeah, Spuzzum said you'd probably like this MUD too :oP!
In response to Foomer
This is exactly the type of answers I'm looking for:

"Another reason to wander the primitive world is to find the odd objects and monuments scattered about. There are caves, Stonehenge, the body of an alien, dinosaur footprints, an underwater temple, and a giant stone nose (among other things)..."
Some things you would expect to see.

Volcanos
Large Animal Descendants like Sabre tooths
Scattered animal bones.
small nomadic tribes.
Your occasional AI controlled nomad
Possibly a barter system where you can trade gathered items for clothes,weapons, food, etc.
Busty women.
You are goint to find broken bones, lacerations that will not heal easily, questionable water quality and lack of it, naturally fermented fruits and honey(esp fermented honey), and gastronomic distress.

You will seesocial animals with better building skills than cave people(beavers). You will encounter corvids(nods to lexy) that steal from you, bears that walk into camp and take your roast venison(or you!).

You will eat psychotropic plants, ingest uleavened bread, burnt, with sand and grit in it, eat half a roast duck, because the other half isnt cooked, and you ate it first...

You will chase wolves from a kill, after following them until they take prey down.

You may have a quiet day, when the sun comes out, you have enought to eat, and nothing is stalking you!
In response to ThreeFingerPete
Sounds like fun.
In response to Foomer
Don't forget tarpits and quicksand... those could really ruin someones day...

If this was a 'persistent universe' kind of game, and it went on long enough without interruption, you'd find other players stuck in the tarpits. Well, you would find their remains anyway...

And if the civilization developed enough to require an interest in Anthropology and/or Archaeology, you could have people 'discover' themselves again ("hey! doesn't that look like one of Great, Great, Grandpa Spuzzum's thigh bones?", "oh-boy! I bet old Aunt Zilal had a suprised look on her face when she fell in that quicksand!", etc.)...
In response to Emperor Beld
Chris, Your An Idiot.

Shun Di, Out.