ID:154126

Im trying to think of games that are rpg but none combative. Is there actually any? Im thinking bout making one but im trying to figure how id make it fun, with little or no combat at all
How about a The sims like game?
--The Idea Filled Scoobert.
The term "RPG" now represents games where you mindlessly kill hordes of monsters while following a storyline. I don't think you'll find too many RPGs that are non-violent.

However, you might look into "roleplaying games", especially some of the MUDs out there, which focus on roleplaying rather than mindless killing. Oftentimes they don't even allow violence in those games, and if they do it is at a restricted level.

So, if you want some examples of non-violent games, try looking in the roleplaying section. Generally, I've only seen these types of games in MUD format, but they might be elsewhere too.
WildBlood wrote:
Im trying to think of games that are rpg but none combative. Is there actually any? Im thinking bout making one but im trying to figure how id make it fun, with little or no combat at all

I can think of one. I forget the name of it, but that is aside from the point...

The game was based around pig-farming, fishing, farming, and stuff. You could also cut trees and sell them and stuff. There were also weather affects that would possibley ruin your crops, and other affects. It wasn't like an economy-sim, it was first person like a RPGs typically are.

- Malver
In response to Malver
Lol, Harvest Moon?
In response to JordanUl
No, it was a text mud. But it was vaguely simular to that. o.O

- Malver