ID:154130

Ok in my game I'm thinking about having the player to player battle system a fighter(like Street Fighter) and I was wondering if you think lag would play too big a part in that to work. Cause the game will be rather large with a lot of players I'm hoping. So do you think lag would make it unplayable? And if so would it be possible to connect people to a different server to fight and then back to the game server when the battle is over all in aa short amount of time. I don't want people to have to wait 5min just to battle.
What do you mean like Street Fighter?
If one server is not powerful enough to host the game, another server doing everything but the setup might not be enough either. I'm guessing that if you had the funds for a more powerful server you'd use that anyway. If you have a server which can handle the fighting, you've pretty much avoided the problem already.

If you choose to take some of the load off of the server, you might want to make the fighters host their own battles. Let one of them host and the other one connect. Then you don't have to worry about processing the battles on your side at all. Plus, you shouldn't have to worry much about upgrading your server if your player base gets even bigger.
In response to Sariat
You have two people that would probably be about 3 tiles tall and 2 wide that would punch, kick, and do combos. In a 2d environment(don't know if this is right word) And they punch, kick and combo each hother until one of the players health equals zero and that person loses and the other one wins.
In response to ACWraith
Ya but I want people to be able to engage in battle within the game. And sometimes it may be involuntary for one of the players.
In response to BurningIce
Then have real-time battling
In response to Sariat
But then it doesn't look as cool and its too easy to just stand there and mash some macros.