ID:154140

What do you guys think of me remaking the classic NES games? Right now I'm working on Legend of Zelda and it's going along pretty good. And don't worry they won't be NES "based" they will be total to near replicas of the game(except they will be multiplayer) so what game would you like to see next? Try do make it something that would be easily done multiplayer. Mabey later I'll move to SNES I really want to do Zelda 3 but that game is beyond my skills.
I'm still in favor of original games. Let the NES games remain NES games.
BurningIce wrote:
What do you guys think of me remaking the classic NES games? Right now I'm working on Legend of Zelda and it's going along pretty good. And don't worry they won't be NES "based" they will be total to near replicas of the game(except they will be multiplayer) so what game would you like to see next? Try do make it something that would be easily done multiplayer. Mabey later I'll move to SNES I really want to do Zelda 3 but that game is beyond my skills.

From personal experience I can tell you that making your own game is way more rewarding than basing your game off an existing series. Even though Proelium isn't played half as much as DWO, I've been much happier with it because I can look at it and say "That game is mine!" I think a game like Zelda would be great for BYOND...but why make it "Zelda Online?" If the truth be told-people will never consider it a true Zelda game, even if you get everything the same down to the last detail.

For example-say you liked a series of books written by a particular author. If another author came out with a book based upon that series, would you really enjoy reading it? The Star Wars books are a perfect example-I really don't enjoy reading them because I can't come to terms with the fact that George Lucas 1.) doesn't officially credit them as being a true part of the Star War's storyline and 2.) didn't write them himself!

I encourage you to make an original game based upon the gameplay of the NES Zelda, as opposed to the game itself. You won't regret it.
In response to Foomer
But wouldn't you rather play them multiplayer?
In response to BurningIce
Creating games in the spirit of previous games is fine. Just focus on the gameplay. Don't use the names, graphics, or sounds.

(Without the names and Shiguru Miyamoto's touch, Zelda is just a well-produced action RPG anyway... Multiplayer Zelda is what Graal is for.)
In response to ACWraith
Well since no one seems to think that making NES games is a good idea I'll finish Zelda and then just make on my own games.
In response to BurningIce
You know what, I think BYOND needs a good team work game, a sidescrolling team work game, where you have to use certain methods to kill enemies. That would be great. Plus sidescrollers are fun, no matter what. You could get really creative and add puzzles and bosses and stuff. Wow, that would be awesome.

Or better yet, what BYOND REALLY needs is a fighting game. Not like a DBZ macro-er, but like a Tekken or Soul Caliber style fighter. Just, please, don't make a rip....