ID:154148

Maybe Deadron would be the best person to answer this since he is widely known for his Character Saving code, but if anyone else has an idea feel free to reply.

I think it is, but just haven't developed my own Character Save code yet. I'm wonder can multiple Games use the same Character Save files? I'm going back before I start my Cyberpunk RPG and gonna work out some code problems I still need to learn with another RPG I started shortly after Kemet. Its actually a remake of a small Fantasy Game I coded back in the mid-90s. But I was planning on turning it into a 3 part series. So you would play the first game, and once you finished the RPG, it would save a code into you that character's file. Then if you ran the other like II or III, it would check to see which RPG you have completed and allow you to play the game or not. In order to play part II or III you'd have to complete I first. Also these would all be seperate games and projects. Only I need to know I should and can I share the player information? Also any good ideas on how this should be done? (ex: file structure wise)

LJR
Lookup Export proc(client) ....

And Ebonshadow made a lib on this...too bad you left TE.
I've been considering this same thing for Darke Dungeon and other future projects.

Client.Export is one way to handle it, but it's not very secure. The save file would be on the player's computer where they can hex edit it, and inaccessible from other computers.

I think you could use hubfiles similarly, but Dantom recommends that you only use hubfiles for data you can trust your players with. If Dantom can provide a more secure hubfile system, that would be nice. Dantom might also not appreciate having huge character save fles cluttering their hub space.

The most secure method would be to run your own separate full time server for the game files and have the game program contact the character server to save and load characters. Make sure to encrypt the data when you transmit.