In response to Foomer
That was a bit.....lets say it wasnt thought out.
In response to Mertek
Mertek wrote:
Doesn't that make you a Newbie under your own rules?

Ha! No, I covered my hind-end on this one, look under 'normal' it says (ME) next to it. also normal states that a player MAY or MAY NOT pay, i "MAY NOT" lol ^_^
In response to Kujila
Like the people on dBZ rpgs that have a trillion PL, the ones that devote a wee-bit too much time on BYOND. They will pay at most $5.00 a month for games.

Adjust them under newbie since they play those dbz games becuase they havent ventured outside that type of game.
ok go to general on the forum and go to my post 'DreamSeeker problems persisting,....'

Please, somebody help me out here!
In response to Kujila
What do you think you are doing, this is terribly unpolite.
In response to Vicious
i know but i have wasted two entire nights trying to get byond to work right! im desperate!
In response to Kujila
Go be despirate on some other thread.
I'm willing to pay the same as real world prices for BYOND games. That is $30-$60 to get the game. And $5-$14 more monthly to play online. EQ, DOAC, UO, DA and some mud’s charge up to $14 monthly to play. Even games like Utopia & earth2025 charge $5-$10 monthly to fully remove there web based banners.

Byond games are so cheap there is really no reason for players to complain. Charging $1 for what you are offering is unfair to yourself, if anything the price should be raised. But that is not the issue. Right now byond's population is low due to it not being publicly released. But when BYOND does go public there will be a lot of people willing to pay real world prices. People seem to think BYOND is a community right now, to some that is all it is. But what it really is, and will be, is a programming language that is capable of making top-quality web & interface games.
In response to Xzar
but it could be years before someone makes a game as high quality as a commercial game...
You know what I think.. Fork them kids! Put their cheap @sses up on pikes for all to see your domain. Freebies leeches go away!!!!

Seriously though, if its a game I liked and I wanted to try the extra classes 10 DIME is child's play. But then the real reason behind all this whining as I've found out have a 5 DIME subscription is this, those same people are the ones complain I'm too young, I can get DIMES, my parents won't get me dimes, or I don't have any money. You know what I say to them??? I don't think I need to go there as I've said it over and over again, money order is a final solution and if your too lazy or too young to look into that, then your in no place to complain about anything!

Actually I think there is only about 30% of BYOND people who actually exchange real money for actual DIMES. The rest are obtained by thoughs who either scam, make a game for others to subscribe to, or sell some kinda of product on BYOND like code, graphics, sound/music. I think we and Dantom as well needs to realize that most of the byond community are still considered minors. So that means most of them are dependant who depend on thier parents for everything.

Just charge what you think is fair as the very ones who complain I've noticed have never put down the work it takes to actual make a game. So they have no idea the work that goes into one. This is also the useless class of users who will by the first to say a game sucks or put it down. Until you've been there no one understands the months we game developers go through designing, creating, and coding our visions.

LJR
In response to Jon Snow
Jon Snow wrote:
but it could be years before someone makes a game as high quality as a commercial game...

Shapeshifter is already commercial quality.

Incursion will be when finished, MLAAS is clearly a game people are willing to put lots of time into, so I think it counts too.
In response to Deadron
but not nearly compared to I mean commercial games like Dark Age of Camelot, Ultima Online where teams of 10-20 people (I think) work on it day in and out trying to fix problems and make the game better. They only charge 14 a month which is cheap in my opinion.
In response to Jon Snow
Them what you mean is, it'll be a while before anyone sets up online RPGs that support thousands of players online simultaniously on BYOND.
In response to LordJR
I just ordered my credit card because I'm 17 and can't drive and go to the bank... :)
I asked themfor an debit card but they haven't sent it to me yet grrr
In response to Jon Snow
Games like ShapeShifter and Incursion don't need teams of people working on them daily to make them better. They just need to work and look good, which they sure do! I don't know where MLAAS is going, but when and if some nice glitz is added it will look more commercial.

-Lord of Water
In response to Jon Snow
Jon Snow wrote:
but not nearly compared to I mean commercial games like Dark Age of Camelot, Ultima Online where teams of 10-20 people (I think) work on it day in and out trying to fix problems and make the game better. They only charge 14 a month which is cheap in my opinion.

Cheap only because of the number of their player base. As it goes down and remains that way over time I'm sure the prices will have no choice but to raise. Also people never consider all the money lost on hosting for websites, games, bandwidth etc.. But those are all real time cost, unless on a university host or leeching off someone else's site.

LJR
In response to LordJR
LordJR wrote:
Cheap only because of the number of their player base. As it goes down and remains that way over time I'm sure the prices will have no choice but to raise.

Brad Quaid, creator of EverQuest, has already said that he thinks prices will keep rising.

They started at $10/month for Ultima Online and EQ, and already UO, EQ, and DAoC charge more than that now.

And for "premiere" servers on EQ you pay like $50/month.
In response to Foomer
yes, it'll be awhile before someone completes a game that has the super high quality of one of those games. (3d environment which will probably never happen on BYOND), just spectacular graphics, totally balanced system even with thousands of people on. Totally lagless basically for the amount of code and graphics.

Basically a game that you can say you put 3 years of time into... you get what I'm saying? I don't know I could just be rambling on since I'm tired.

of course I sold my accounts on UO for well over 1000 US dollars, and I think it'll be atleast 3 years before any account on byond is worth that much :)
In response to Jon Snow
Wow.. I'd be surprised if they even gave you one. Unless you've been busy at a young age building some form of credit or you've been with the bank for a long time. I may be wrong now as its been along time since I was 17, but I'd think it be difficult to get credit or debt cards at that age?

LJR
In response to LordJR
I work like 2-3 different jobs and have since the beginning of when Iturned 16...

and my mom is signing on it :)
Page: 1 2 3 4 5