ID:154155

Anybody have any tips or suggestions on how to design overhead view graphics? I am shooting for something like the old game, um, Siege by Mindcraft(Mindscape?) which was similar to another game Crusader. The old Fantasy Empires battle sequences used top down as well. Another good example might be Nox (although that's a little isometric for what I want).

-James
You mean....GTA like overhead? if so i would reccomend using a circle 'O' and add some kind of nubs like <O> then if you want to animate it make one arm sticking out and a leg sticking out on the opposite side
|| if you can understand that
<O>
|
In response to VyseDyne
Basically, remember that people are about twice as wide as they are fat (unless if you have a fat guy). When they walk, one leg goes forward, one leg stays in the same position while the rest of the body moves forward (very hard to to in BYOND, you'll have to fix the pixel movement rate on the person). Also, the arms move, so if you're holding a sword, it will still wave slightly. When someone swings a sword up/down, give an exaggerated lightness to the top part to refine it. That's mostly all the tips I can think of.
In response to Garthor
for a sword i would reccomend some kind of 2 animation thing like...